Company: Republic Services
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: March 19, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Supervisor assists the Sales Manager
or General Manager with planning, organizing, directing and
coordinating the activities of the sales function for an assigned
division or business unit to maximize sales volume, driving
targeted profitable growth and professionally developing the sales
staff. In addition, the Sales Supervisor may manage assigned
accounts and perform such functions as prospecting new clients and
retaining existing customers.
- Provide sales coaching and training on an individual basis and
through regular team meeting to improve sales results and drive
targeted profitable growth. Activities may include "ride-along"
with sales personnel to provide training and coaching, as well as
attending customer meetings.
- Provide assistance to field sales leadership in the
implementation and execution of business strategies and marketing
- Supervise a staff of sales professionals and participate in
hiring, training, coaching and performance management.
- Supervise sales personnel in the effective implementation of
the Company's pricing initiatives; partners with leadership to
ensure that budgeted pricing metrics are being achieved.
- Assist, as necessary, with new customer solicitation, bid
preparation and customer retention strategies.
- Meet regularly with sales personnel and management to review
sales activity funnel (CRM tool), customer retention and
relationship activities, review sales performance compared to goal,
production and training needs.
- Ensure the sales professionals' effective use of the Company's
Contact Relationship Management tool to develop robust information
profiles on prospective customers and facilitate acquisition of new
- Maintain accountability for sales goal achievement, including
but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget
- Proactively contact assigned accounts to identify customer
needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve
- Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends
in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs;
proactively manage customer base.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company's available
services, lines of business, pricing structures and sell additional
services to existing commercial and industrial clients, including
total waste stream management, as appropriate, to grow targeted
revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
- Complete all required sales reports in a thorough and timely
- Assist the Sales Manager in the review Customer Service
Agreements for terms and conditions pricing, accuracy, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays
a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate
to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully
state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills;
adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a
situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the
ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach
and can anticipate the implications of actions.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills.
- Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a
strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive
and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of
confidentiality at all times.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion
skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help
- Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and
participation of others.
- Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports
organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Is responsible for one's performance and sets clear
expectations for the performance of his or her team.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two or more years of progressive experience in a sales role,
including experience training, mentoring, coaching, setting
standards and/or acting as a resource for others.
- Valid driver's license.
Why choose Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a
new job, it's about making a commitment to create a more
sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere.As a company, we are proud of our values and
encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices
everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being
environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Eden Prairie , Sales Supervisor, Sales , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...