Sales Specialist - Analytical Chemistry (Upper Midwest/Four Corners)
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Summary This position will be responsible for mapping
accounts, qualifying opportunities, and closing business for
products within the analytical chemistry workflow. Geographical
concentration of accounts located in AZ, CO, IA, ID, MN, MT, ND,
NM, SD, UT, WY.MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed assigned sales quota for products used within
analytical chemistry workflows, working in conjunction with the
general sales teams.
- Fully utilize CRM tools and applications to manage pipeline and
- Identify new business opportunities and assist in converting
competitive products to items available from VWR.
- Support the general sales teams within the territory by mapping
accounts and providing training and technical expertise on products
within the laboratory chemicals, chromatography and filtration
- Communicate portfolio value propositions to sales
representatives and customers.
- Manage supplier relationships and assume overall territory
ownership, along with general sales representatives and management
- Maintain current knowledge on vertical markets dynamics,
application trends, and other critical business information
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
(Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- BS degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent work
experience required. Master's or PhD preferred.
- 3+ years chromatography experience required
- Experience working in an analytical lab, performing duties such
as sample prep, running, maintaining, and troubleshooting
analytical instruments, and data analysis preferred.
- Experience with servicing analytical equipment (repairs, PM,
IQ/OQ/PQ) preferred.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary
to perform the job competently)
- Experience with and a firm understanding of the analytical
chemistry marketplace (HPLC, LC/MS, GC, GC/MS, FPLC, flash,
purification, spectroscopy, ICP, wet chemistry, etc.) required
- Proactive and results oriented individual with solid
communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Sales experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Experience with a CRM such as SalesForce preferred.
- Overnight travel is required. ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
& PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
- Typically works in a home office environment with extensive
regional travel to customer locations.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent
are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be
developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary
but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or
carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EEO Statement: We are an
Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local
law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests
for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address. For
more information about equal employment opportunity protections,
please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO
is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below. EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates without
having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job
requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor
recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted
candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor
works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative
to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not
be accepting any form of solicitation.Colorado and New York Equal
Pay Transparency:Avantor is committed to equitable compensation
practices. The compensation range for this role is:$102,300.00 -
$173,800.00Final compensation for this role will be determined by
various factors such as minimum and preferred qualifications,
knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience and
Keywords: Avantor, Eden Prairie , Sales Specialist - Analytical Chemistry (Upper Midwest/Four Corners), Sales , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!