Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Effectively perform duties to set up, change over,
troubleshoot, and operate all aspects of production equipment to
ensure production output meets the production schedule.
- Conducts equipment operator preventive maintenance (PM)
activities for production lines including inspection/changing of
belts, oil, gaskets, etc. as needed as well as lubrication;
accurately records such activities as required.
- Ensure changeover activities occur in the specified time with
100% readiness and first pass quality.
- Assists with filler set up.
- Effectively communicate with incoming and outgoing shifts as it
is related to the optimal running of our production lines.
- Utilize "line stop" mentality when it comes to equipment,
quality, or safety issues.
- Report continuous or major problems to maintenance department
- Responsible for maintaining and improving production's portion
of APEX's quality systems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of APEX's quality system as it
relates to production.
- Pulls samples for testing and performs testing as needed (i.e.
- Identify, report, and assist in resolving quality
- Proactively interface with Apex's quality department.
- Ensure cleaning and sanitizing procedures are done
- Ensure all line paperwork (including test records, batch
records, line audit records, etc.) is completed accurately and in
compliance with government and company standards.
- Management-Supports the efforts of the department Team Lead and
Supervisor in their efforts to develop and maintain a line
organization of high performing people, who are aligned with Apex
Vision, Purpose and Values.
- Training and Coaching-Acting as a certified Apex trainer,
provides other line employees and temporary workers with the skill
and information they need to perform their jobs successfully. Knows
how to follow through to ensure learning.
- 4. Creates and maintains an area that ensures our employees
have no exposure to unsafe conditions or work habits.
- Identify report and assist in resolving safety issues.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times.
- Understand and maintain a culture of "lean action" within the
department so that we live lean better than any organization.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining standards and processes
that eliminate waste throughout the department.
- Apply and utilize "lean tools" to permanently implement
- Institutionalize 5-S in all aspects of the department. (Sort,
Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain.)
- Perform other work as assigned.
Direction and oversight of others: Will be responsible for coaching
and mentoring teammates.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
Required Experience-Candidates must possess the following in order
to be considered for the role:
- 2-3 years of prior relevant experience in a manufacturing
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Lead experience in a production/manufacturing environment,
preferably in a GMP and FDA regulated environment.
- Prior training experience or be able to complete Train -the
- Post secondary education a plus.
Knowledge Requirements-to be effective the position requires:
- Fluency in the English language in order to train others,
communicate effectively with line, supervisory, maintenance and
- Reading for comprehension to understand and train others on
product specifications, quality control documents, complete line
set up sheets, follow line set up procedures, etc.
- Ability to follow directions, written processes and procedures
which can change frequently with the addition of new products, new
customer requirements, etc.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division and be able to work with fractions, decimals, and
calculate averages, net weights and percentages.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitudes that will allow incumbent to
successfully set up/tear down/troubleshoot problems on the
equipment and to successfully conduct operator preventive
maintenance (PMs) and lead the line changeover activities.
Licenses and Certifications: Must be capable of obtaining Apex
Training Certification for Production training.
- Can read and write at a 12th grade level and follow procedures,
processes and specifications written in English.
- Can demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Competent in applying sound judgment, troubleshooting and
resolving basic to moderately complex problems (i.e. when machine
goes down can troubleshoot to help determine possible causes using
5-Why, 8D or Fishbone).
- Competent in interpreting, recording, and comparing data (i.e.
on batch records, lot codes, production records, part numbers on
control documents, etc.)
- Can follow directions accurately and safely.
- Basic knowledge of good manufacturing practices and
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and processes such as
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency to become a "certified
Keywords: Trustapexinternational, Eden Prairie , Production Lead, Professions , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...