Quality Technician II - Receiving & Inspection
Company: ACIST Medical Systems
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 19, 2023
The Quality Technician II will perform inspection and testing
associated with goods receipt, lot release, and First Part Review
activities. Additionally, under the guidance of an Engineer or
technical lead, this role provides support activities related to
test method validation, inspection and test process improvements,
and enhancement of inspection activities in an effort to maintain
systems to ensure output of quality product.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete required inspections to support goods receipts and the
manufacturing operation to ensure quality, conformity, continuous
and uninterrupted flow of product to maintain production output per
- Supports the implementation and deployment of product and
process improvements and design transfer activities.
- Use established standard operating procedures (SOP's) and work
instructions (WI's) to carry out the receiving inspection and
non-conforming material activities for physical dispositions,
rework and completes appropriate reporting and documentation.
- Initiates documentation changes and provides redlines to
maintain the product information structure. Communicates issues and
opportunities to engineering department to ensure bill of materials
(BOM's), prints, process, forms, records, etc. are relevant and up
- Communicates issues and opportunities to ensure prints,
process, forms, records, etc. are relevant and up to date.
- Uses the appropriate equipment and tools (Metrology) to achieve
accurate dimensional measurements of parts to ensure quality.
- Performs inspection of components and assemblies at various
stages of production and or service.
- Establishes and maintains Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) of
products based upon data.
- Performs reproducibility and repeatability studies (R&R)
and first part reviews (FPR's).
- Tests and releases product.
- Performs hands-on activities such as product assembly and
product testing to support the production schedule during times of
transition and increased demand or change implementation.
- Aids in the coordination of tooling and equipment essential for
production and inspection processes.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 year technical degree preferred, or 6+ years of experience in
a similar role in lieu of degree
- 4 - 8 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
performing mechanical inspection and testing of electrical and
mechanical components and systems
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to interpret drawings,
schematics, and specifications.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to interpret, follow and promote the quality policy of
the organization as an operating guideline.
- Ability to work within established guidelines and standard
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Moderate level of computer experience including MS Office
- Knowledge in the use of metrology
- 2-yr degree or certificate in a technical trade
- 6 + yrs experience in a variety of manufacturing
- Demonstrated expertise using ERP systems, particularly SAP
- ASQ Certified Quality inspector
Keywords: ACIST Medical Systems, Eden Prairie , Quality Technician II - Receiving & Inspection, Professions , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...