Quality Control Technician
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Details Description We are always looking for talented,
hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are a
family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. We are looking for an Quality Control Technician. E.A. Sween
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability. Role Summary: This position
will support the Food Safety & Quality department focusing on prior
to production start through observation, environmental monitoring,
processing swabs, and support the Microbiology department with
laboratory analyses of raw material and shelf life studies of
finished goods. Actively contribute to the implementation and
maintenance of company food safety and quality programs to ensure
our customers have a great experience with our sandwich products.
Hours for the position are Monday through Friday 3am to 12pm, with
potential overtime opportunities. Essential Competencies of the
Role (3 5 Primary Areas):
- FOOD SAFETY
- Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous
improvement activities to support the SQF Code regulatory
requirements and customer requirements.
- Perform visual inspections prior to production start.
- Document non-compliances and corrective actions, and
- Perform ATP and APC swabbing after the sanitation process.
- Conduct Environmental Monitoring of the production areas
thorough the day.
- Be a liaison with the Sanitation Team and provide support daily
to ensure cleaning is performed as required and documented
- Communicate with Sanitation when issues arise.
- Provide guidance to Quality Control on risks to Food Safety,
and potential corrective actions.
- Monitor Sanitation Team and E.A. Sween employees GMP
- Promote GMPs by providing educational resources and training to
the production staff and others as needed.
- FOOD QUALITY
- Conduct titrations daily to ensure all chemicals are at the
- Communicate issues to the Sanitation and Food Safety Manager
and take corrective actions.
- Perform Calibration verifications on thermometers (IRs/probes)
daily before production start-up.
- Perform Verification of temperature monitoring using an
electronic system and review of data to ensure that temperatures in
storage and production areas remained within specifications.
- Verify that QC scales have been cleaned prior to operation
- Perform monthly water test.
- Perform monthly facility audits.
- Perform Glass, Brittle, Plastic Audit monthly.
- Make media for the Microbiology Lab.
- Perform microbiological analyses of environmental swabs,
finished products, and other materials as required.
- Assist in creating and maintaining Microbiology Laboratory
Programs and Procedures.
- Must be cross-trained in all basic job aspects of the Quality
Assistant position, and be able to provide assistance to the
Quality Control Auditor as needed.
- REGULATORY ISSUES
- Become HACCP Certified within a year of hire.
- Represent the Food Safety/Quality Control Department in a
professional manner when interacting with operations personnel,
other company departments, CLT and regulatory personnel such as
USDA, FDA, MDA and SQF Military auditors.
- Assist with development and maintenance of HACCP, Seafood
HACCP, USDA HACCP, and FSP plans.
- SAFETY AND PERSONAL GROWTH
- Cooperate with all aspects of the safety program at E. A. Sween
- Follow employer safety and health rules, regulations and
standard work in performing the job
- Report hazardous conditions to supervisor or manager.
- Maintain inventory and place orders to restock lab materials as
- Provide updates to relevant to the day to day duties of the
role and any changes that would be beneficial to the Job
- This position, along with all positions within the company,
plays an active role in the company s Lean initiatives.
- Identify and provide effective educational materials /
information that will serve to promote a sanitary production
environment thus wholesomeness of our finished products.
- Wear Proper PPE as needed/required in appropriate areas.
- EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS USED
- Autoclave, incubators,
- 3M MDS Assay System, 3M ATP Luminometer
- pH Meter, pipettes, scales, thermometers, hot
- Titration Kits
- Chemicals and Media, Petri film (Various) Required
- High school diploma required with a minimum of 2 years of
Quality Control, Quality Assurance or laboratory experience.
- Personal computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Attention to precision and detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime as needed and
- Must be flexible to schedule and hours as they may vary based
on need. Preferred Qualification (if Applicable):
- Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or a related
science field preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP s (Good Manufacturing Practices). Physical
Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift waist high and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (-5 to 40F) and warm
environment (70 to 85F) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to remain on feet for extended periods.
- Must be able to tolerate changes in environmental temperature
changes throughout shift.
- Must be able to work under pressure yet maintain skills needed
to perform functions as described.
- Must have positive attitude and develop good working
relationships with other departments in the company.
- Maintain a clean and efficient working environment
Qualifications 0" style="display: none;"> Skills 0"> 0">
0" style="display: none;"> Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Motivations 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Education 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Experience 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications 0"> 0">
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Eden Prairie , Quality Control Technician, Professions , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!