Production Tech I
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 6, 2021
ABOUT IMEDIA BRANDS: iMedia Brands is a leading interactive
media company managing a growing portfolio of lifestyle television
networks, consumer brands, and media commerce services. It is a
public company (NASDAQ: IMBI) headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN
with its fulfillment center in Bowling Green, KY. Its flagship
television retailing network, ShopHQ (www.shophq.com) is a live,
24/7 television network that can be seen in over 100 million homes
as it competes against networks like QVC and HSN. For more
information, please visit our corporate website,
www.imediabrands.com. OVERVIEW The Production Technician I is
responsible for filling the roles of 1 or 2 of the Floor Director,
Graphics Operator, and Robotics Operator positions as needed to
support the live show. Fun Team and Great Benefits!
- Health Care Benefits (including dental and vision)
- Retirement savings benefits such as a pension and 401(k)
- Paid Vacation
- And more! Our flagship network, ShopHQ is a multiplatform
interactive television network offering a balanced assortment of
proprietary, exclusive and name brands to consumers in an engaging
and informative shopping environment via television, online and
mobile. ShopHQ reaches more than 84 million television homes with
unique storytelling & entertaining content. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that set pieces, cameras, and other production elements
in studios are properly in place for air.
- Clean up/strike studios and equipment after show is done
- Manage robotic and manual camera systems, including jib and
handheld cameras. Properly and safely set up and move cameras
between studios. Safely and efficiently lay out/coil camera cables
- Operate jib, handheld and studio configured cameras. Quickly
and accurately frame necessary shots during live shows using basic
shot composition skills and white-balance and color correction
- Operate light board, including any show-specific special needs
(i.e. dim studio lights, place floor lights).
- Check studio lights for non-working fixtures and address
appropriately (change lamps, notify lighting).
- Distribute and collect microphone and IFB packs to on air
talent, assisting talent with proper pack and element placement.
Communicate to audio tech which microphones are being used (and for
what purpose) during each show.
- Assist on air talent during shows. This includes escorting
talent to and from studios and giving verbal and non-verbal cues
during shows. Maintain informative dialogue between control room
personnel and guests/models, including answering all questions
pertaining to show execution, set design, and guest requests
before, during, and after show. Robotic Camera Operator:
- Use robotic camera software efficiently to create a user
profile, save shots, run saved camera moves, and perform basic
- Quickly and accurately frame shots for all shows, with minimal
or no assistance given by the director.
- Camera setup: Quickly and accurately white balance and shade
cameras for shows.
- Read the waveform monitor and vectorscope during live shows to
ensure proper video levels.
- Audio console operation: Bring up and cut correct source pots
on command with accurate timing in regards to the show. Read audio
meters to ensure proper audio levels.
- VTR operation: Playback, record, and cue videotape at
appropriate start and end points. Graphic Operator:
- Must be proficient in VIZRT graphics hardware and
- Build, check, and edit each show's graphic elements and
specific information related to on air Graphics.
- Update graphics and communicate changes to the team,
identifying possible inconsistencies
- Execute all shows accurately as instructed by the Production
- Possess a thorough understanding of the ShopHQ Graphics
- Responsible for working in the Control Room on a daily
- Assist the Floor or Robo station during pre-show meetings,
events, or remotes as necessary.
- Maintain and help update the graphics computer systems,
hardware, and software
- Assist with the development & ongoing implementation of all
SOPs, workflow, emergency procedures, and daily operating
- Understand the ShopHQ graphics system and build and
successfully troubleshoot all graphics-related issues.
- Organize, edit, and develop day-to-day and event-related
graphic content. QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience in a related field.
- Television production or related work experience.
- Strong troubleshooting capability, able to identify and work
out problems quickly in a fast-paced television environment.
- Excellent communication, stress management, and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, and problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail,
- Able to identify potential errors, determine a fix, and correct
before they hit the air is essential.
- Able to partner with and meet the demands of multiple cross
- Ability to work in a team environment. CAREER PATH Production
Tech II > Senior Production Tech > Production Manager >
Production Director iMedia Brands is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing
equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of
sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, color,
ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, or other protected
characteristics as defined by state, federal, or local law. The
individual in this role must be able to perform the essential job
functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. In the event
that an applicant or employee wishes to seek a reasonable
accommodation, please contact iMedia's Human Resources department
for further direction. This job description is intended to convey
the general nature and scope of the position and not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required. All employees may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed, and
iMedia management reserves the right to amend the duties and
responsibilities of this role at any time to meet business
Keywords: Evine, Eden Prairie , Production Tech I, Professions , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!