Lead Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Job DetailsDescriptionWe are looking for a Lead Maintenance
Technician to join our team at E. A. Sween. This is a 2nd shift
opportunity - regular shift hours are 2:30pm-11:00pm.
The 2nd shift Lead Maintenance Technician will provide strong
mechanical and electrical support to the maintenance team, and help
ensure that operations schedules are meet in a safe and efficient
manner. They will assign work and provide training to technicians
as well as provide feedback to management. They will ensure that
SOPs are followed, report out root cause analysis and corrective
action and work with other support personal (Automation Tech, etc.)
to drive machine reliability and improvement projects. This role is
in a fast-paced food manufacturing facility that is making entry
into automatizing its production processes. The production
processes that are support by maintenance include equipment that
MAP packages, inline wrapping and cartoning, as well as vision
systems, ultrasonic cutting and pick and place/palletizing
E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Duties will include the following. Other duties may be
- Lead shift and delegates work orders to other technicians to
make repairs as needed and ensure compliance with the PM schedule.
Demonstrate the ability to prioritize multiple tasks according to
- Proactively coordinate maintenance activities with
Operations/Food Safety departments and provide clear status updates
at appropriate intervals. Respond to production questions and
issues and follows up as needed with supervisors and managers.
- Lead shift pass-down meetings to ensure effective job hand-off
and communication of lessons learned
- Audit job safety of other technicians on the shift and acts as
a safety leader.
- Ensure maintenance areas are clean and orderly. Ensure proper
cleanup after completed maintenance work.
- Maintain, service, and repair electrical, pneumatic,
mechanical, gas. Interpret electrical drawings to troubleshoot
PLCs, controls, motors, low/high voltage equipment.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove, repair and
replace defective parts.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in packaging, and support
equipment. Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more area of
- Drive maintenance production in area of expertise (welding,
fabrication, electrical, controls, pneumatics, etc.).
- Actively mentor other technicians to improve their technical
knowledge and assist with developing training plans as necessary.
Provide guidance regarding best practices, optimal use of
department tools, and proper techniques.
- Assess equipment for critical spares and make recommendations
to improve on-hand parts inventory.
- Perform root cause analysis to diagnose and prevent equipment
- Observe equipment in operation to prevent/diagnose potential
problems. Identify, suggest, and discuss solutions to equipment and
facility issues with management.
- Submit ideas for improvement of equipment and processes to
support continuous improvement. Take action on improvement ideas,
track and communicate results.
- Five years previous Maintenance Technician experience or two
years maintenance experience in a leadership role and a completion
of a technical degree/certification.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background
- Highly proficient at electrical troubleshooting and logic
- High level of understanding of pneumatic components and circuit
- > 40% of shift spent in refrigerated production rooms under
- Some overtime is expected in the role
- Ability to life > 75Lbs. on occasion
To keep our employees and guests safe, we have implemented
temperature/visual screening upon entry, have face masks available
upon request and are sanitizing work stations daily.
Qualifications 0" style="display: none;"> Skills 0"> 0">
0" style="display: none;"> Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Motivations 0"> 0"> : 0"
style="display: none;"> Education 0"> 0"> 0"
style="display: none;"> Experience 0"> 0">
0" style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications 0">
0"> Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Eden Prairie , Lead Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!