SAFETY & TRAINING COORDINATOR
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Details Description We are always looking for talented,
hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family. We are a
family-oriented company that understands the significance of our
employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed
team. We are looking for a Safety & Training Coordinator to Join
our Team! E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability. Role Summary: This is a
critical dual role, within Operations, focused on working with
Leadership to develop and improve a positive production floor
TRAININGand SAFETYenvironment. Expected to drive continuous
improvement in both realms and continually seek to improve work
processes. This position reports into the Training Manager, with a
dotted line into the Sr. Director of Operations.
- Champion change management and awareness programs to drive
safety, better adherence to new processes and promote a strong
- Work with leadership to develop a strategy to improve and
support a positive training culture Work closely with manufacturing
leadership and external safety partners to evaluate existing
processes and identify opportunities for improvements. Essential
Functions of the Role (Primary Areas): TRAINING
- Demonstrated ability to influence and teach others.
- Knowledge of techniques and philosophies of adult
- Previous experience in preparing materials and/or tracking
- Maintain records of training and development activities,
completion, results of assessments, and retraining requirements in
- Conduct classroom training for employees in various production
- Work with OJT Trainers, Line Controllers, and Leads to develop
an effective training strategy to cultivate and maximize
- Facilitate & co-lead safety training modules, hands on
demonstrations, verification, and testing of safe and proper use of
- Trainings may include but not limited to: train-the-trainer
certifications- LOTO, Confined Space, etc.; CPR First Aid
Instructor; SAIL review, annual OSHA/safety training and individual
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations, environmental
regulations, and plant safety.
- Formulate general safety policies and procedures, in
partnership with internal and external partners, to be followed by
company and plant personnel
- Inspect manufacturing operations to identify existing or
potential accident, health, and environmental concerns and initiate
corrective or preventive measures where needed.
- Maintain Safety program, training materials, records, audits,
logs and SDS sheets
- Lead accident and injury investigation process with
Managers/Supervisor (root cause analysis, reporting, follow-up and
partnering with HR as it relates to WC).
- Ensure reporting of KPI's and coordinate training, corrective
actions and evaluations on improvements needed.
- Lead the facility safety committee meetings, documents action
items, ongoing issues, and resolutions. Required
- 3-5+ years of experience in relevant areas
- Excellent facilitation, written and oral communication,
interpersonal and organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Experience providing training to workers and adult learners,
using popular education/interactive approaches
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups at all levels
and develop healthy working relationships.
- Must demonstrate leadership quality and be able to work with
- Strong technology skills to include proficiency in Word, Excel,
Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete
tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative work
- Adhere to all quality, food safety, and plant safety standards
within the department Preferred Qualification (if Applicable):
- Bachelor's degree or other relevant industry experience
- Bi-lingual with the prominent language for the region is a plus
(Spanish, Hmong, etc.)
- RedZone and Tableau a plus Physical Demands and Work
Environment: This is a combination of office/desk environment,
using a computer and phone (50%) and 50% on the floor work. This
involves standing and moving within refrigerated production rooms
under 50 -F
- Some exposure to work in the warehouse and outside
environments, temperatures range from 20-100 degrees.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 15 lbs. and occasionally lift
up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, turn, reach, pull and push.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed, with includes
some nights and weekends as our company operates 24/7.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
- Able to travel 30% of the time or as needed
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high,
precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic
chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration
- Flexible schedule (1st, 2nd, & 3rd shifts) Qualifications
Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education Experience Licenses &
Certifications Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Eden Prairie , SAFETY & TRAINING COORDINATOR, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!