Clinician --- Eden Prairie, MN
Company: Planned Parenthood North Central States
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description Planned Parenthood North Central States Clinician
Eden Prairie, MN Starting salary for candidate who meets minimum
requirements (Experience will be compensated): $44+/hour $2 Weekend
and/or $4 Float Differential provided when shift requirements are
met Typical Schedule: 16 hours per week About Us: At Planned
Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people
deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their
personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier,
more meaningful life. That s why we protect, promote, and provide
comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care
for generations of young people and families with empathy, care,
and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are
eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the
Planned Parenthood mission. Click here to learn more: Our Mission
Under general administrative supervision of the Health Center
Manager, clinical supervision of and collaboration with the Senior
Director of Healthcare Practice and Chief Medical Officer and
Program Directors, the Clinician provides clinical services,
including reproductive and sexual health care, to patients at
designated PPNCS health center(s). Clinicians are advocates in
implementing our mission of To affirm the right to reproductive and
sexual health and freedom for all by providing excellent care,
trusted education, and fierce advocacy. They may perform other
related duties to support health center operations as assigned.
Schedule: 16 hours per week on average. Every other Wednesday
10:00am-4:30pm, every Thursday 12:00pm-6:30pm and every Friday
10:00am-4:30pm Responsibilities: This position will impact us with
the following contributions:
- Obtains pertinent patient history and performs a physical exam,
as indicated by the visit type.
- Recognizes and addresses deviations from normal.
- Performs, orders, and interprets both screening and diagnostic
testing; addresses abnormal findings.
- Develops plan, which may include treatment, medical or other
referrals, and/or prescribing of medications.
- Provides patient instruction regarding plan of care, preventive
education, and health promotion and maintenance.
- Consults with Medical Director or clinician on-call as
- Obtains informed consent when indicated.
- Collaborates with the health care team and other community
agencies and resources, as indicated.
- Assesses interventions and/or referral progress as
- Documents accurately and clearly.
- Supervises clinic support staff regarding routine patient
- Collaborates with Health Center Manager to meet clinic goals,
productivity benchmarks, and assigned tasks.
- Provides patient focused care and assures smooth and efficient
patient and clinic flow processes.
- Interprets scientific studies based on knowledge of basic
research principals; Provides input and current information for the
on-going process of protocol development.
- Stays up-to-date on reproductive health care developments and
maintains CE requirements for required licensure and
- Meets quality assurance requirements, including the appropriate
dispensing of medications.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and meets compliance
requirements, including HIPAA.
- Meets coding and documentation requirements.
- Possesses basic comprehension and skills of PPNCS clinic
computer technology as it relates specifically to the Clinician
- Recognizes ethical, legal, and professional issues inherent in
providing reproductive health care.
- Communicates clinical and professional issues and questions to
the Senior Director of Healthcare Practice.
- Follows protocol and training requirements for expanding scope
of practice and/or learning new procedures, i.e. colposcopy, IUD
insertion, ultrasound, MAB support services, etc.
- Works to ensure understanding and acceptance of the Clinician
role with colleagues, consumers, and the community.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Planned Parenthood policies and
procedures and apply these to patient and clinic services.
- Prescribe all FDA approved methods of birth control.
- Provide medication or surgical abortion follow up.
- Refer patients for medication or surgical abortion, prenatal
care, or adoption services.
- Counsel HIV+ clients.
- Assist physicians with evaluation of medication abortion
- All health center staff are expected to participate in the
onboarding of new employees and supporting the cross-training of
established employees. Minimum Qualifications:
- Current active, unencumbered state license as a Registered
Nurse and APN in state you are applying for the role, and ability
to obtain additional state license(s) upon hire or active license
as a Physician Assistant (IA and MN only)
- Current national board-certification as an Advanced Practice
Nurse or a Physician Assistant
- DEA license or ability to obtain at hire, and enrollment in
Controlled Substance Monitoring Program as applicable in state you
are applying for the role
- Advanced degree, minimally Master s Degree
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification for healthcare
providers Benefits: This position is eligible for paid time off
(PTO), Earned Sick and Safe Time (ESST), and participation in the
403 (b) retirement plan. Please note: We require all PPNCS
employees, volunteers, interns, and fellows to have a current,
up-to date, COVID vaccine (Exemptions may be provided for medical,
disability (ADA) or religious reasons.) IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
The position you are applying for is in a health center with direct
patient care, therefore, if you were to be offered and accept
employment, we would require the following documents from you prior
to your first day of employment. Please do not bring this
documentation to your interview you will have forms to complete
that require the documentation should you be offered the position.
- Hepatitis B vaccination records and titers
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccination records or proof
- Chicken Pox vaccination records or proof of immunization
- Tetanus shot documentation
- Tuberculosis PPD Skin Test that is no older than 12 months
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages
in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an
organization committed to creating and fostering an environment
that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees
results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When
you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives
of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive
health and freedom. Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age,
veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size,
disability, socioeconomic status, or status regarding public
assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to encouraging and
promoting diversity as well as providing access, equal opportunity,
and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. Planned
Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work
environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply
regardless of initial skill set. Any job offer will be contingent
upon the results of a background investigation. Questions? Contact
for more information.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood North Central States, Eden Prairie , Clinician --- Eden Prairie, MN, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!