Billing Sr Representative
Company: Securian Financial Group
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 22, 2023
*At Securian Financial the internal title for this position is
Customer Operations Sr Rep. Overview: Affinity Customer Service is
a part of the Business Services area providing operations support
to multiple markets for Securian Financial, including Employer and
Financial Institution Groups.A This shared services division aligns
with Vision 2020 initiative, including goals to improve customer
experiences and internal efficiencies. This includes streamlining
workflows and providing excellent service that meets or exceeds our
customers' expectations.Client Billing supports the billing and
premium reconciliation needs for the Employer Market.A Associates
on this team provide a variety of requested billing services and
work to resolve discrepancies between the expected billed amount
and what the employer remits.A This position works directly with
our clients building lasting relationships and coordinates with our
internal partners in providing exceptional service.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- A Bill, clear, and reconcile group premiums.A Follow-up to
obtain missing information needed to clear premiums.A Address
discrepancies and partner closely with internal resources, external
clients and or brokers/distributors to resolve billing issues in a
- A Use sound judgement to research and resolve problems that
prevent premium clearing, including researching client remittance
documents and files, as well as matching premium payment info to
our administrative systems.
- A Clearly communicate all billing discrepancies identified,
document all issues and ensure timely resolution.A
- A Report, log and appropriately escalate past due
premium/clients per procedures.
- A Manage and maintain all necessary reports to ensure premium
is cleared in a timely manner, maintain compliance with all
financial reporting rules and regulations, and internal audit
- A Place Outbound administration follow up calls. Support
Inbound call center overflow calls as needed to support volume
spikes ensuring service level agreements are achieved.
- A All tasks must adhere to department quality standards and be
completed within service level obligations. Qualifications:
- A Strong customer focus for both internal and external
- A Verbal and written communication skills to convey accurate
information to clients, internal partners, and participants.
- A Business math skills to calculate premium due, adjustments,
and determine paid to dates, including a general understanding of
- A Analytical and problem solving skills to research and resolve
problems and reconcile billings. Organization and planning skills
to prioritize work and adjust to meet deadlines.
- A Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in creating
system records, researching account problems and performing
- A Ability to perform within established department goals
including quality assurance (QA).A Ability to apply good judgement
- A PC skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and
- A AGood prioritization skills and adaptable to change.A
- A Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team
- A Professionalism combined with a positive can-do
- A AWillingness to suggest new ideas, processes and
- A Demonstrate a willingness to help others and be cross trained
in other departments.
- A AFlexibility to work overtime during peak volumes. Physical
- A Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- A Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8
hours per day
- A Ability to utilize phone for approximately 7 hours per
- A Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting,
paper manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout
entire workday The physical job requirements described above are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Securian Financial
has been around for 140 years. Weare committed to giving back to
our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past
year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for
professional development and growth and a number of diverse
professional and social opportunities throughout the company.
Thereas a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to
work year after year! In addition:
- A Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- A Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning
- A Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan a
great resources to secure your financial future.
- A Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- A Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- A Paid maternity/paternity leaves. Securian Financial Group,
Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic
information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in
regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights
commission, or any other status or condition protected by local,
state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711
(telecommunications relay), or by email at
EmployeeRelations@securian.com.To view our privacy statement click
here To view our legal statement click here PandoLogic. Keywords:
Financial Broker, Location: Eden Prairie, MN - 55347by Jobble
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, Eden Prairie , Billing Sr Representative, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!