Vice President of Research and Development
Company: TissX LLC, a Collagen ViSolutions Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: November 21, 2022
JOB SUMMARY TissX, located in Plymouth and Eden Prairie, MN., is
a contract manufacture for medical and life science companies and a
leader in developing business-to-business solutions for companies
developing innovative products for the treatment of structural
heart disease. Our Company supports the development and
commercialization of Class II and III medical devices for the
transcatheter and surgical structural heart and vascular markets,
including a range of specialized devices focused on supporting
The R&D, Vice President, is a key member of the management team
and has direct responsibility to oversee internal development
projects and development of products for new and existing
customers. This position will work closely with other functional
departments on internally developed and customer products by
executing extremely well-thought-out and comprehensive plans to
meet the company's objectives. Additionally, this position is
accountable for organizing and conducting ideation activities to
support development of customer products and internal development
projects that will build demand and market share.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership for research, development, and technical
services and work with cross functional team members to ensure
product initiatives are well-defined, highly impact, and
- Prepare detailed project plans and budgets outlining specific
steps necessary for successful commercialization with agreed upon
dates and resources to complete milestone for internal and customer
- Align resources and expectations
- Gain appropriate insights into understanding customer needs and
activities to meet needs.
- Manage client projects, engineering support services and
customer support leads.
- Prioritize projects and resources in a dynamic environment to
achieve project goals in a fast-moving environment and rapidly
- Support project management in the execution of a project
portfolio by understanding and setting priorities, managing
resources, and mitigating risks to achieve milestones.
- Provide technical leadership and vision by interpreting
- Maintain and continually evaluate budget and educate customers
as needed on variances, etc.
- Provide technical and technology insights to support and expand
internally developed products and customer opportunities
- Use advanced engineering and scientific talent and attract and
retain the highest caliber of research and development engineers to
quickly solve problems.
- Partner effectively and proactively with other functional
leaders and teams including Project Management, Product
Engineering, Operations, Quality, Regulatory, and others as
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by
studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to
requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work
- 10+ years of product development experience, including managing
customer projects, platforms, and end-to-end delivery
- Experience in structural heart or related field a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of
flexibility and accountability, in a constantly fast-evolving
- Complex problem-solving skills including Identifying complex
problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate
options and implement solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working
relationships with all levels of management and external
- Critical thinking skills including, logic and reasoning to
identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to
communicate at all levels within the organization and externally
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Adobe, Teams).
- Organized, with a sense of urgency and the ability to
multitask, prioritize, and manage shifting responsibilities in a
dynamic, cross-functional teamwork environment.
- Ability to adapt to modification and changes to project plans,
demonstrating flexibility to implement new strategies and tactics
to accommodate changes.
- Successful record of creating and managing complex project
plans, timelines, budgets, and critical paths.
- Understanding of business and financial principles. --- Travel
is required- approximately 25%.
Keywords: TissX LLC, a Collagen ViSolutions Company, Eden Prairie , Vice President of Research and Development, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!