Company: Grain Millers in St. Ansgar
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Job DescriptionCrop SpecialistThe successful candidate will be
based out of either Eden Prairie Minnesota or Marion Indiana.For
more than 35 years, Grain Millers has tested every decision against
one thing: Is it good? For our farmers, our employees, our
customers and our consumers. As one of the world's largest
conventional and organic oat millers, our legacy is built on being
more than just an ingredient supplier; we are a proactive partner.
We work with enthusiasm and energy every day, and we take great
care in everything we do - to provide simple, clean food that helps
people live healthier lives. We are looking for a Crop Specialist
who possess strong organizational skills, is comfortable being
supplier and customer facing and possess excellent communication
skills. This is a technical role requiring a person to be extremely
conversant in agronomic characteristics and crop science and will
be called upon to represent Grain Millers in these areas in
industry associations and research initiatives. Such initiatives
may include assisting with or coordinating research projects,
Identity Preserved programs and the establishment of strategic
goals around company R&D support.The ideal candidate should be
interested in furthering their education and understanding of corn
and oat milling and physiology. This includes developing
relationships with trade organizations to enhance knowledge of
Grain Millers and competitors' businesses. This person needs to
have an agricultural understanding, and highly developed
salesmanship as well as customer satisfaction skills. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge regarding grain
and derived products.
- Keeps up to date with current and new agronomic and crop
production practices, in order to:
- Keeps Grain Millers on the leading edge of the value chain,
with a special focus on being the industry leader in the organic
- Acts as a resource to suppliers and the Grain Millers team
regarding best crop production practices for various grains.
- Scouts fields for suppliers, providing advice as pertinent, and
projecting individual and/or aggregated supply forecasts and
feedback for procurement team.
- Assists in grain quality assessment and understands how
production factors impact grain quality.
- Travels up to 30% of the time(more in Summer less in Winter),
including overnight travel primarily within the midwestern states
of the US. (Crop scouting, Farmer Trade shows, Agronomic, Seed
Company and University Field Days and represents the
Company.)SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, or related field
and two plus years of related experience.
- Knowledgeable in Cereal Science and/or Soil Science is a
- A professional presence and outstanding presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working
relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor
population. This includes listening and problem-solving
- Demonstrated skill in organization, planning, and problem
solving.Grain Millers, Inc. is a place where you can put your
innovative technical and business skills into high gear and work
alongside other highly motivated people. This is a great company
with great people. If you are the type who truly thrives on making
a positive impact, please Apply today.
Keywords: Grain Millers in St. Ansgar, Eden Prairie , Crop Specialist, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!