Sr. Accounts Receivable Assistant
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 4, 2022
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a
career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your
creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and
make a positive impact on people's lives. It is a place where you
can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what's possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind
turbines and space-age materials - this is work we dream about as
kids. At MTS, it's a rewarding career path for talented individuals
who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving
complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world,
many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you'll have access to the latest tools and
technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are
passionate about their work. You'll discover a dynamic culture of
continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers
numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And
because we are a global company, your work may also include world
To ensure the timely payment of customer accounts receivable,
including collection of past due customer accounts receivable by
phone, e-mail and other methods as needed.
To apply customer payments and reconcile account discrepancies.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Generate and review an SAP accounts receivable aging for
assigned customers each week.
- Contact assigned customers for payment of past due
- Follow-up initial past due contacts with telephone calls,
e-mail correspondence and letters as needed.
- Provide invoice copies, statements and payment application
detail as requested.
- Record notes in the SAP collection system.
- Process web invoices on websites as required by select
customers to assure timely payment.
- Create and maintain customer collection files as needed.
- Review the original invoice, purchase order and sales order
related to each payment discrepancy.
- Work with business unit staff and determine appropriate course
- Proceed with collection or request credit as directed by the
- Apply payments made via check or wire transfer to outstanding
accounts receivable documents.
- Offset accounts receivable debits and credits as directed by
customers, accounts receivable or business unit staff.
- Organize and file daily cash receipts.
- Provide support for general ledger and bank reconciliation.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: Five years accounts receivable / credit and collections
experience with exposure to accounting and customer contact.
Must have the legal right to work in the USA
Experience: High degree of numerical aptitude and data entry
Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning software (i.e. SAP).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues'
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces
where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to
equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees,
beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all
aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: ITW, Eden Prairie , Sr. Accounts Receivable Assistant, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!