Property Field Adjuster (Park Rapids, Minnesota, MN)
Company: AFICS American Family Insurance Claims Services, I
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: September 7, 2021
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe
people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our
customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job
– we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R23546 Property Field Adjuster (Park Rapids, Minnesota, MN) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:51,200Compensation Maximum:82,000
Job Family Summary
Investigates and maintains property/casualty claims. Determines
liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges
appraisals, and settles claims. May work in the field or central
The Claim Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of
ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with
agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced adjuster
who can work on moderately complex claims. May specialize in
liability, property or catastrophe claims and may be assigned to
either a desk or field adjusting team.
Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job
discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes
- Performs a range of assignments related to job
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and
- Investigates origin and cause of claims by contacting the
appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents,
attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other
adjusters, public personnel, etc..
- Identifies complex issues and seeks assistance as needed.
Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple
policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages,
and handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses.
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven
solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party,
- Demonstrated experience handling simple to moderately
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of policies and
- Extensive knowledge of each phase of the claim handling
Additional Job Information:
Open to consider Casualty Adjusters with at least 2 plus
years of experience
Open to consider Property desk adjuster with 2 plus of years
Open to consider Claims customer care center employees with 2
plus years of experience, passion to grow and agility to learn in
new ever changing environment
Individuals from IA, construction, restoration, property
damage mitigation background are encouraged to apply
Candidates with at least 2 plus years of property field
adjusting experience are welcome to apply
Xactimate tool experience is helpful
Home owner policy knowledge and interpretation, coverage
determination is needed, Guidewire claim center experience is huge
Company vehicle provided
Geo differential pay structure
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions.
- Based on candidate qualifications we are open to hiring at all
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing
employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations.
Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
Area of operations : central western and
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services
you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families.
Interns and contigent workers are not eligable for American
Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community!
Keywords: AFICS American Family Insurance Claims Services, I, Eden Prairie , Property Field Adjuster (Park Rapids, Minnesota, MN), Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!