Sr. Industrial Engineer
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Primary purpose is to lead all process engineering activities
and establish a process improvement discipline in support of
warehouse operations. Will work with the Operations team in a
number of distribution centers across the company to improve
efficiency, maintain labor standards, and reduce costs. Expertise
will be used to develop and implement national/regional projects
- Partner with Operations Management to drive safety, quality,
productivity, utilization, and efficiency of the work force.
- Ensure engineered labor standards are fair and attainable.
- Perform time study analysis and summary reporting; Ability to
calculate performance by element and overall performance for both
associate and overall sample group.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives
based on economic risk analysis and return on investment
- Development labor standards utilizing MOST and stopwatch
studies; document labor standard data and maintain the integrity of
values in LMS (Labor Management System).
- Document process changes and update SOPs (Standard Operating
Procedures) as needed.
- Educate operations staff on lean principles; work sampling,
root cause analysis, 5S, and continuous improvement
- Train front-line employees on the basics of labor standards;
Train operations staff on the development and maintenance of labor
- Identify operational bottlenecks and develop, analyze, and
- Analyze work force staffing, facility layout, and operational
data such as process flow charts, supply chain costs, and
distribution schedules, to determine efficient utilization of
workers and equipment.
- Serve as technical expert on specialized projects or programs;
act as advisor to management and/or customers.
- Conduct ergonomics evaluations; recommend and implement
improvements to work area designs.
- Assist in warehouse layout and racking configuration and
- Develop and maintain key performance indicator
- Identify capacity impacts to distribution centers associated
with varying parameters within the supply chain.
- Establish engineered labor standards using MOST, full cycle
frequency studies across all operational processes.
- Assist the distribution, transportation and supply chain
management team in developing long-term sustainable
competitive-advantage strategies that align with and support the
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location.
- This position will require travel (75%)
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent college
training and experience.
- Six Sigma Black / Green Belt preferred.
- MOST or comparable pre-determined time motion system.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System (WMS) and
Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Demonstrate strong warehouse operations knowledge at the
functional level of detail.
- 8+ years relevant work experience required, may act as
- Industrial engineering experience conducting time studies,
process improvements, and network optimizations.
- Previous experience with distribution planning models
(staffing, productivity, capacity planning etc.)
- Demonstrated accomplishment in strategic rationalization of
distribution network footprint, automation concepts relating to
eliminating manual tasks, experience with transportation operation
- MS Office Suite with strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, MS
Access, Visio, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to take ideas from concept to implementation and
influence decision making with all stake-holders.
- Ability to drive process improvements and work within a team to
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple and
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and
approach with ability to interact with individuals at various
levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a dynamic
- Project Management / Leadership skills a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Rhode Island,
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Eden Prairie , Sr. Industrial Engineer, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!