Global Controller - Filtration Division
Company: Eaton Corporation
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Global Controller - Filtration Division operates as a key
business partner to the Filtration VP/GM and the leadership team.
Key responsibilities include providing leadership to the Filtration
finance organization in conforming to corporate financial policies,
legal requirements and accounting compliance, managing the
processes to consolidate, report and analyze monthly results,
forecasts and plans, providing insightful analysis to drive
management actions, driving process improvements within the finance
organization, and supporting financial analysis for M&A and
restructuring projects. This role is quite complex, with
responsibility for sales in 30 countries in multiple currencies, 7
global plants (NA-2, EMEA-4. APAC-1) and 7 plant controllers, 25
financial ledgers, and 3 ERP systems. In this role you will be
- Participate as a key business partner to the Filtration
leadership team and contribute to business strategy development and
operational execution of business plans.
- Direct the regular financial processes for the division
including closing the books, forecasting, planning, and the
reporting and analysis of results. Analyze operating results to
determine and recommend profit and/or cash flow improvement
opportunities. Consolidate global financial information for review
with sector management.
- Assure the existence and competency of financial systems and
procedures to comply with GAAP and corporate policies and
procedures to guarantee the integrity of financial reporting.
Ensure that the internal control environment is adequately
maintained and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Provide leadership to the credit function. Work with the credit
managers to develop strategies and process improvements to improve
A/R metrics. Ensure alignment with corporate treasury.
- Perform special analyses to support strategic business decision
making - this can include financial analysis in support of capital
investments, changing business models, pricing models, make vs buy,
alliances and acquisitions.
- Evaluate, approve and / or recommend course of action on
capital spending and investment requests.
- Provide leadership to the division in recruiting and developing
top finance talent.
- Work with the division, group, sector and corporate financial
organizations (ie., treasury, tax, audit) in improving financial
processes, implementing policy changes, and executing strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited
- At least 10 years of broad financial experience within
- At least 5 years of experience managing people
- Familiarity with external regulatory bodies, such as Financial
Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, IASB, etc.
- Master's degree in Finance or Accounting, or a Master of
Business Administration (MBA)
- International experience across financial disciplines, ie., tax
strategies, transfer pricing, currency hedging, statutory
reporting, legal entity implications, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex
matrixed global organizational structure.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and
- Broad general business knowledge.
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems.
- General knowledge of all functional areas of the Group, Sector
and Corporate organizations.
- Working knowledge of sourcing and manufacturing practices
followed by Operations personnel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America - Canada
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within
hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Eden Prairie , Global Controller - Filtration Division, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!