Sr Audio Systems Design Engineer II
Company: Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Senior Audio Systems Design Engineer I & II is responsible
for the audio performance and sound quality of the Starkey system.
The means providing leadership in the architecting and design of
audio systems for new products. This also means creating new ideas
that lead to the improvement of sound quality. S/He also is
responsible for risk analysis, problem solving, and issue
resolution along with support of other engineering design teams.
S/He must possess effective communication skills, technical
expertise, creativity, and internal drive to lead the creation of
designs that are recognized as best-in-class in the hearing aid
industry. S/He is widely recognized in the organization as a leader
in audio systems. The Senior Audio Systems Design Engineer I & II
is primarily responsible for interacting with new product
development groups; however, may also be responsible for supporting
continuation engineering and technology development, as needed.
S/He is expected to possess a working knowledge of hearing science,
acoustics, patient and clinician needs, through established
relationships with Product Management, Clinical Research,
Marketing, and /or Sales. S/He takes on tasks that clearly impact
Sr Systems Engineer II signifies that at least 50% of the
competencies at the Principal Engineer level have been
- Responsible for the audio performance and sound quality of the
- Provide creative solutions by investigating and maturing new
- Provide leadership for the development of new features on
future programs. process and execution of requirements development
and management, including identification of best practices.
- Interact with cross functional customer facing groups to ensure
desired product capabilities are reflected accurately in the
- Be involved with the research to ensure the maturation of new
Provide leadership in the design of audio processing system.
Communicate with all functions and ensure the final success of the
- Lead, own, drive, document, and deliver high-level audio system
architecture, design, interfaces, risks, and tradeoffs that support
product development schedules.
- Create system / subsystem architecture design documents.
- Ensure audio system requirements and designs are accurate,
complete and delivered on time throughout the entire product life
- Create / update audio designs based on lessons learned, pilot
studies, manufacturing data, field data (Customer First, Rework and
Repair), quality data, and regulatory or standards updates.
- Be the subject matter expert for risk analysis and mitigation
plans in collaboration with the Quality team per the risk register
or DFMEA process.
- Understand and provide direction on system-level design
- Facilitate cross-functional design reviews; own and drive
resulting action items.
Support cost benefit analysis and other financial analysis
efforts in Product Management, as requested.
- Facilitate the verification of system requirements
- Drive compliance assessment for each design review during the
- Support clinical research to ensure they have appropriate
evaluation plans for either pilot or validation studies.
Support Systems Verification Engineers to ensure they have valid
verification plans for each integration point of a program /
- Identify, analyze, own, and drive audio and sound quality
related system-level technical issues
- Ensure technical issues identified during system development
and verification are documented with clear descriptions of steps to
reproduce and configuration under test in relevant tools.
- Ensure technical issues are analyzed and that the results are
clearly documented in relevant tools.
- Provide regular updates on issues assigned in relevant
Own and drive technical issues to resolution working with
cross-functional team members.
- Perform other duties commensurate with a "senior" engineer
- Perform work with little to no supervision as project
- Mentor, coach and provide work direction to other engineers,
technicians and interns.
- Use experience and critical thinking skills to make appropriate
design decisions and design tradeoff recommendations in Program /
Project design and peer reviews.
Provide technical consultation and guidance on projects
- Perform Program or Project Tech Lead / Program Systems Design
Lead Role as assigned.
- Facilitate technical meetings for program / project.
- Drive cross-functional technical risk assessments for program /
- Coordinate and drive cross-functional test planning, gap
analysis, execution and reporting.
- Own and drive program / project technical issue visibility and
- Support the Program / Project Manager by providing impact
analysis of program / project schedules on any technical work,
deliverables and dependencies.
Keywords: Starkey Laboratories, Inc., Eden Prairie , Sr Audio Systems Design Engineer II, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!