Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Bluestem Brands
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to five eCommerce retail
brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise
that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and
entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers'
unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive,
empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our
success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take
risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck.
Bluestem works to do what's right for employees. From the big
things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to
small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place
you'll want to be. And we don't just talk about work-life balance,
we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact,
be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are looking for an AP Specialist responsible for reviewing,
coding and preparing invoices for data entry, as well as
researching vendor inquiries. This individual will work closely
with the Accounts Payable Supervisor and should have a strong
working knowledge of Accounts Payable processes and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure timely entry of vendor invoices ensuring invoices are
properly coded and approved
- Work with suppliers, requestor, procurement to facilitate the
prompt resolution of outstanding transactions, invoice holds and
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between purchase orders
and/or vendor invoices Reconcile vendor statements
- Meet processing deadlines
- Follow accounts payable policies, procedures, and internal
- Resolve vendor and employee inquiries
- Assist with the month end close process, including accrual
- Assist with audits as required
- Perform filing duties and other administrative functions as
- Provide high level of customer service to both internal and
Two-way matching when needed.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Accounting software experience preferred
- Familiarity with MS Access/SQL a plus
- Experience with two-way matching a plus
Keywords: Bluestem Brands, Eden Prairie , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!