Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 9, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: A Driver Trainee will be trained by Republic
Services to obtain a commercial driver's license (CDL) to then
assume the responsibility of a Driver with our Company. Driver
Trainees will complete a comprehensive training program and be
given the resources to take the CDL examination. Once the Driver
Trainee completes the program and obtains a CDL, he/she will be
placed into an open Driver position in one of the Company's lines
of business, including but not limited to, Residential, Commercial,
Industrial or Roll-Off.
- Successfully complete Republic Services' CDL training program,
which includes classroom study, on-route training, driving
experience, and resources (including the loan of a truck) necessary
to take and pass the state CDL examination.
- Complete twelve (12) full months of employment with Republic
Services after obtaining a CDL.
- Learn to perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of
the assigned vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure
tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls
are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard
- Learn to safely operate a heavy or commercial truck along a
designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow
map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or
as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Learn to operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance
with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load
refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the
- Learn to identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag
containers in accordance with applicable departmental
- Learn to continuously monitor waste for evidence of
- Continuously monitor the condition of any assigned vehicle to
ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down
time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- After obtaining a CDL, perform all responsibilities of a Driver
in one of the Company's lines of business (i.e., Residential,
Commercial, Industrial, Roll-Off).
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Current CDL or CDL permit.
- No prohibitions to acquiring a commercial drivers'
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Eden Prairie , Driver Trainee, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!