Data Engineer II
Company: Shutterfly, Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At Shutterfly, we're all about people - bringing them together,
making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We
make our customers' memories last a lifetime by capturing,
preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized
products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products,
cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we
help our customers, and each other, share life's joy.
Shutterfly is looking to hire a Data Engineer II to join their
team in Eden Prairie, MN or Fort Mill, SC!
What You'll Do Here:
- Collaborates with business teams and technology teams on design
and solutions for new and extension of existing data
- Collaborates and contributes with the data teams to evaluate
emerging technologies and data integration approaches.
- Develops frameworks and applications for large-scale data
- Partners with other business and technology teams to extract,
transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using
AWS and other technologies. Including: gathering and processing
raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, from
internal and external data providers via databases, APIs, FTPs, and
messaging services, using batch and real-time data processing
- Builds technical knowledge specifically related to applicable
emerging technologies (like trends in data integration)
- Designs, develops, and Implements an end-to-end analytical
platform that is flexible, componentized, scalable, secure, and
meets business needs.
- Designs and develops data pipelines for business intelligence
reporting and analytics, including data needed for data scientists
- Builds data pipelines that support the use and expansion of
good data practices and data governance (e.g., metadata management,
data quality, data modeling, master data management, data
administration, security, privacy).
- Safeguards all customer, employee and company proprietary and
personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept
confidential at all times.
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 3 years of relevant experience in a data analyst, data
development, data management, data science, business analytics,
business intelligence or data engineering role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent
- Experience doing hands-on data integration development (ETL,
- Knowledge of Advanced SQL and scripting for automation (e.g.
Python, Perl or Ruby)
- Experience building visualized ETL data pipelines in open
source tools such as Apache Airflow
- Managing AWS resources
- Familiarity with data visualization and business intelligence
tools (like PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects)
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
If this aligns with your career goals, skills and experience, we
want to work with you!
Keywords: Shutterfly, Inc., Eden Prairie , Data Engineer II, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!