Manager, Business Intelligence
Company: Bluestem Brands
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to five eCommerce retail
brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise
that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and
entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers'
unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive,
empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our
success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take
risks, learn from mistakes, and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck.
Bluestem works to do what's right for employees. From the big
things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to
small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place
you'll want to be. And we don't just talk about work-life balance,
we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact,
be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are looking for a BI Manager to be located at our Eden
Prairie, MN location. The Business Intelligence Manager manages a
team of Data Engineers who build enterprise BI business solutions
based upon the strategies and goals of the enterprise. This
individual is responsible for the daily automated BI processes and
BI platforms along with the strategic roadmap of those BI
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly manages up to 8 direct reports along with developing
the skill sets and leadership potential of other BI team
- Leads agile squad to deliver corporate initiatives based upon
the enterprise strategy. Builds, drives, and financially
accountable for project plan along with ability to influence
multiple business domains at the Director and VP level.
- Responsible for the solution architecture design to deliver
value quickly and balance structural integrity to match the desired
business value and service level agreements. Functions as the
engineering expert for architecture, delivering solutions, and
owning complex areas of our business.
- Directly responsible for planning and directing operations of
multiple Reporting (SAS, MicroStrategy, Microsoft BI), Data
Warehouse (Redshift, Netezza, SQL Server) and Big Data (Hadoop,
Domino Data Labs, EMR, Athena) Platforms.
- Oversees the BI User Community of 500 people to seek and
understand their technical needs, heavily influence their technical
solutions, and act as ambassadors to with internal and external
resources to influence the BI roadmap.
- Owns BI platform vendor relationships and understands the
industry to collaborate on the overall technology roadmap for BI.
Balances and plans the department financials for the owned
- Indirectly influences IT architects and directors outside of BI
to incorporate foundational needs into Linux, Windows, Security,
Hosting departments for the purposes of BI.
- 8 years of deep experience with 2 of the following BI
disciplines: Data Warehousing, Data Management, Big Data or
- 8 years of SQL experience with the ability to write complex SQL
statements while mentoring optimal code hygiene practices.
- 5 years of platform management and development experience of
Enterprise Reporting tools like MicroStrategy, Looker, Domo, Power
BI, Tableau, Business Objects, etc.
- 5 years of Platform management and development experience of
Database or Big Data tools like Hadoop, Spark, EMR, Redshift,
Netezza, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.
- 5 years of project management and preferably familiar with
agile concepts and principles
- 5 years indirectly leading others and influencing groups inside
and outside of technology
- 3 years of directly managing Big Data or Data Warehouse
- Exposure to cloud technologies with the ability to understand
how on-premise infrastructure translates to Cloud preferably
- Ability to mentor others who use the following programming
languages Java, Scala, Python etc.
- Advanced knowledge of data analytics
- Intermediate knowledge of data science and the platforms to
support machine learning
- Must have an ability to listen and understand differing
viewpoints and be able to quickly assimilate new information.
- Proven ability to trade off functionality with delivery time
without sacrificing quality or integrity.
- Demonstrated creativity in current role is a must.
- Proven ability to deliver fast via Lean Software Development
- Ability to see the big picture and identify the appropriate
metrics to identify success
- Ability to multitask and successfully execute multiple
projects, priorities, and schedules simultaneously, meeting all
- Experience testing new functionality, data, and processes
across operations and business intelligence systems
- Attention to detail producing high quality work products
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational
- Experience in Marketing, Credit, or Collections is a plus
#LI - PD 1
Keywords: Bluestem Brands, Eden Prairie , Manager, Business Intelligence, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!