Merchandising Services Supervisor - Debit Balances
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As a key member of the Merchandising Services team, the
Supervisor of Merchandising Services is responsible for delivering
support and overseeing the debit balance function. Debit balances
occur when transactions being processed exceed the current payable
for a supplier. All supplier and internal inquiries for debit
balances will be centralized through Merchandising Services. This
role will work with the Director of Merchandising Services and
cross-functionally, with all areas of the company, as well as
externally with customers, suppliers and brokers. This position
will provide insights and recommendations to meet and exceed
company goals and objectives, as well as ongoing support for key
initiatives or assistance in areas as identified.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Proactively leads overall oversight and management of the debit
- Creates weekly reporting for all debit balances, with
transaction details by process and/or product area, supplier, aging
of transactions and amounts.
- Maintains master grid of all processes and transaction types
that can contribute to a debit balance, including process and
product area owners and documentation for each, in how debit
balances will be handled.
- Uses hierarchy of processes to review and determine if supplier
will come out of debit balance and timing, so suppliers can be
prioritized. Maintains historical tracking record for actions
taken, so suppliers do not need to be totally reworked if they go
back into debit balance.
- Maintains debit balances to a minimum, reporting historical
record of dollars by aging categories, process, number of suppliers
and number of transactions.
- Utilizes various systems to investigate debit balance suppliers
to determine gaps that are leading to debit balances.
- Transfers debit balances to or from other systems for
processing, as needed.
- Monitors supplier workflow changes and 30-day notifications on
supplier changes, as well as contributing findings to include in
these processes. Works with supplier management to ensure suppliers
are inactivated timely, if no future business is planned to stop
additional transactions from being created.
- Prepares recommendations on enhancements to business processes
or transactions that would reduce debit balances or stop them from
- Sends out collection notices on viable debit balances or works
with collection agencies, as required.
- Creates various corporate billings to suppliers for events and
tracks all Merchandising Services transactions weekly, affecting
debit balances, for Director's review.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Previous experience supervising others and proven ability to
successfully lead and manage a team.
- Experience with UNFI systems and understanding of business
processes across the organization preferred.
- Financial acumen.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite.
- Flexible and adaptable to learning and understanding new
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota, Eden
Prairie; United States of America, Rhode Island, Providence; United
States of America, California, COMMERCE; United States of America,
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Eden Prairie , Merchandising Services Supervisor - Debit Balances, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!