Training Development Coordinator
Company: E.A. Sween Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are always looking for talented, hardworking people to join
the E.A. Sween family. We are a family-oriented company that
understands the significance of our employees and we are successful
because of our incredibly committed team. We are looking for an
Training Development Coordinator.
E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
The Training Development Coordinator designs, implements,
coordinates, and evaluates the training development process for
Operations at two facilities. This will include developing,
creating, and occasionally facilitating training. This person will
be working alongside operations personnel to develop the "correct"
way to complete a task, create a documented training outlining this
process and ensure the team is being adequately trained on the
materials. Additionally, this person will create an assessment
process to ensure training is being sustained and that required
skills and proficiencies are retained. They will be working
directly with leadership to create and sustain a training forward
culture. This role will be required to follow all good
manufacturing practices, FDA, and USDA guidelines within a food
Essential Competencies of the Role:
- Create and update standard work; make changes to standard work
as necessary to ensure documents remain relevant to current
- Lead group and individual training sessions including new
hires, continuous development, and other training needs.
- Assist with tracking Continuous Improvement projects and
updates timelines, as necessary.
- Work with continuous improvement team, within the organization,
to ensure consistency.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training programs within the
- Review Training Development Methods to ensure they are aligned
with company goals and direction.
- Develop an assessment and certification program for technical
roles as needed.
- Conduct team and individual skills gap analysis and create
training plans to close those gaps in conjunction with Operations
- Participate in new product development, with operations
leadership team, and develop training as needed.
- Create optimal production line layouts and update as
- Establish & document demonstrated production line run rates in
cooperation with production leadership.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices along with company
Leadership, Training and Development
- Develop specialized trainers (subject matter experts) and
leadership in skills for proper training methods and provide
- Direct the development and implementation of operation training
materials for all job tasks.
- Facilitate and lead meetings, within all levels of the
organization, and support team member engagement.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of experience working in a direct or staff
function, within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the development and creation of training
documents such as SOP's, work instructions, procedures, or job
- Project management experience Preferred:
- Previous experience as a trainer, training project SME and/or
- Knowledge of plant operations processes.
- Attention to precision and detail.
- Ability to interact with all divisions and levels of
- Possess problem solving strengths, work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must work
effectively with all levels of management and team members.
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships within a
- Proven ability to build consensus across functions and shifts
in a plant.
- Microsoft Office Skills - Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint
skills; experience working with graphics.
- Project management experience / ability to manage multiple
- Able to organize and prioritize in a multi-tasking
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or
hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with
hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. The work
environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of
temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment
movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
Keywords: E.A. Sween Company, Eden Prairie , Training Development Coordinator, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!