Transducer Tech (Assembly)
Company: MTS Systems
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 8, 2021
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for
a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your
creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and
make a positive impact on people's lives. It is a place where you
can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what's possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind
turbines and space-age materials - this is work we dream about as
kids. At MTS, it's a rewarding career path for talented individuals
who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving
complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world,
many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you'll have access to the latest tools and
technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are
passionate about their work. You'll discover a dynamic culture of
continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers
numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And
because we are a global company, your work may also include world
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential
To apply knowledge and skills of strain gage based transducer
theory, operation, construction, testing and measurement to the
development, manufacture, and troubleshooting of MTS transducers.
An individual will generally be focused in manufacturing oriented
Major Areas of Accountability:
Manufacture and perform functional tests on standard and custom
strain gage based transducers utilizing engineering prints, work
instructions and standard department procedures.
- Utilize resources to troubleshoot and solve problems in
manufacturee caused by design, documentation, processes, materials,
- Senior Technician(s)
- Production Team Lead (PTL)
- Manufacturing Engineer or Engineers(s)
- Maintain manufacturing records and process documentation.
- Transducer-specific manufacturing records, (database)
- Process instructions
- Identify changes to engineering prints
- Provide technical support in new product development and
continuing improvement projects.
- Build prototypes with limited documentation
- Resolve technical issues as appropriate for the project, i.e.
layout, wiring, fixtures, etc.
- Determine processes and techniques to maximize quality,
accuracy, and efficiency
- Recommend fixtures and assist in their design
- Identify process and equipment constraints, recommend and
- Estimate operation times
Design, manage, perform and document strain gage and transducer
related engineering experiments.
- Provide technical support to other departments.
- Special strain gauging or calibration projects
- Prototype products
- Strain gauge and various transducer training
- Maintain open lines of communication with PTL, Operations
Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, peers and interdependent
- Keep Operations Manager and team members informed of progress,
problems and changes in products and processes
- Effectively communicate design and process improvement
- Communicate concerns about personal development, scheduling,
product quality and morale
- Maintain personal conduct appropriate to the work place and
- Behave in a professional manner, maintaining a separation
between work issues and personal issues.
- Work as a team member, integrating and coordinating ideas and
strengths of all team members
- Address personal and professional issues in a timely
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with team members and
- Maintain an orderly and safe work area to include 5S methods
Manage time to maximize productivity, meet route times, and
delivery requirements, maintaining high quality standards. Manage
concurrent projects and responsibilities to achieve all
requirements and meet all deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- AA degree, 2 yr Vo-Tech certificate or equivalent military
training in Electronics, Mechanics or Hydraulics OR
4 yrs assembly or technical experience in the above including
soldering & small-scale or precision assemblies.
- Must understand & apply basic electro-mechanical technologies
applicable to the job focus; electrical schematics; wire routing &
layout; effective soldering technique; effects of strain on gages,
components & assembly; adhesive bonding & sealing techniques;
electrical & mechanical measurement; controllers, data acquisition;
basic product quality.
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual
orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age,
marital status or veteran status.
Posting Notes: Manufacturing/Operations/Quality | | |
Keywords: MTS Systems, Eden Prairie , Transducer Tech (Assembly), Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!