Electrical Engineer II - EA Engineering
Company: Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Starkey is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our
growing team of engineers! We are seeking candidates to join our
R&D Headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN!
Starkey Hearing Technologies is much more than the hearing aids
we produce. We are in the business of connecting people and
changing lives. We believe being able to hear the world and the
people around us is as essential to the human experience as
As a world leader and largest American hearing aid company, we
design and deliver advanced hearing solutions to people all around
the world. Our goal is to bring people together and make lives
richer by empowering individuals to reach their full potential in
As an Electrical Engineer, in Starkey's Hardware Development
Group, you will develop new cutting-edge hearing aids and
accessories. Gain hands on experience with next-gen integrated
circuits and packaging; MEMS sensors; rigid and flex board routing;
along with the latest electrical simulation tools. You will design
products that make lasting improvement to millions around the
world. Working in multiple dynamic and cross-functional teams, our
Research and Development projects will take you from concept,
through prototyping, to validation, and finally to production.
Along the way, you will be expected to engage, contribute, and lead
as a subject matter expert in realms of electrical design, circuit
layout, sensor integration, validation planning & testing, design
for manufacturing, and production support. Given the right
candidate, we will provide mentorship for all that you'll need to
excel at this role. We hope you can join us to make Starkey "Better
today than yesterday, better tomorrow than today!"
- Work as effective member of a cross functional team on multiple
- Decipher complex and extensive requirements, identify risks,
resolve design limitations, and create mitigation plans.
- Research, test, integrate, and validate new sensors for product
- Design ridge/flexible circuit boards via schematic capture and
- Create and execute electrical test plans; analyze results;
present reports for wide audiences.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electrical/electromagnetic performance
- Design for manufacturing and provide ongoing product
- Create documentation for design decisions, working processes,
and test results.
You Must Have:
- BSEE +1 years of experience or MSEE +0 years of experience
- Entry level proficiency with schematic and layout CAD
Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and/or Altium Designer preferred
- Entry to Intermediate level proficiency with analog and mixed
- Working knowledge and previous experience with design using
MEMS, Optical, Temp, Gyro
- Basic knowledge and previous experience of designing with
microcontrollers, DSP, SoC
- Entry level proficiency with circuit simulation tools
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication
- Proven self-motivation and able to work in fast-paced team
- Interests in acoustics & music
Keywords: Starkey Laboratories, Inc., Eden Prairie , Electrical Engineer II - EA Engineering, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!