Senior Manager Network Engineering
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Help us lead our future. Get ready for a job that encourages you
to think strategically yet stay connected with your teams. Do you
have problem-solving or strategy experience? If so, prepare to
innovate, create, and inspire. The Senior Manager Network
Engineering (Infrastructure Engineering Senior Manager) will lead a
team of advanced and entry-level network engineers that are
responsible for the resiliency and operational aspects of our
enterprise network. They will manage all aspects of complex design,
configuration, and implementation of wired and wireless
communication infrastructure, supporting the data network team.
This person will also lead, task plan and delegate, and mentor team
- Responsible for short-term project planning to meet long-term
goals. Works with Sr. IT leadership and other managers to meet
goals and provide business solutions. Establishes the scope of
projects, allocates the proper resources, and monitors the
progress. Provides status updates to senior management.
- Works with Sr. management to understand business plans and team
objectives. Researches best practices and executes plans for
solutions to meet objectives.
- Responsible for assessing talent, identifying gaps in talent,
and identifying high performers. Provides development guidance, and
provides opportunities for stretch roles to develop future leaders.
Sets performance standards and holds team members accountable to
- Forecasts needed resources such as vendors, technologies,
consultants, staffing needs, and training for the team to
accomplish business objectives.
- Responsible for managing the selection, and contract
negotiation for vendors of services that are utilized.
- Provides direction to network resources in areas including but
not limited to: routing protocols, routers, switches, wireless,
MPLS, Private Line, VPN, Network Access Controls, and SSL. Hands-on
experience in these disciplines is required.
- Produce network solutions in alignment with business
- Reviews and approves network change activities initiated by
Network Services to ensure proper coordination, implementation and
validation procedures are in-place. Ensures conformance to
Technology Change Management / IT Service Management policies.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new network, system management
products and services, and new software and hardware.
- Provide necessary budget content and manages the procurement of
products or services.
- Recommend and plans use of new system features and hardware to
improve overall operation of system and productivity of staff.
- Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed
to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible.
Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in
order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals
- Manage and encourages new ideas from staff to foster
improvements through innovations.
- Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their
own actions and decisions.
- Work closely with SMEs from business partner teams to maintain
a high performing and robust network infrastructure.
- Lead Network resources to execute projects in the areas of
wired and wireless WAN and LAN.
- Assist in providing scope and cost for projects.
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure
availability through proactive infrastructure life cycle management
- Monitor and test system and tenant application performance for
issues, identify possible solutions, and work with developers and
administrators to implement those fixes.
- Manage devices including routers, switches, firewalls, load
balancers, and other network equipment and services.
- Provide direct support in daily network and systems operations
including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response
time and primary support for detection and correction of
- High School diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience leading projects in both agile and
waterfall methodologies and managing an infrastructure or
- 3-5 years of leadership/management experience supporting
enterprise infrastructure. Leadership experience to include both
project management responsibilities and responsibility for
coordinating the efforts of others.
- Experience with CISCO, LAN and WAN technologies.
- Experience with Work at home solutions, VPN Client as well as
- Experience guiding the team to reach solutions to complex
problems; Mentors team members to be great problem solvers.
- Experience with able to analyze and research current and new
technologies to enable our company.
- Experience in developing creative solutions to address complex
business situations that need our input.
- Experience in developing and promote network engineers for the
- Experience in prioritizing and lead team to execute short-term
projects to meet long-term goals.
- Experience creating, executing and adjusting a plan with a high
degree of independence
- Experience sees beyond the current processes and identifies
- Must be willing to make recommendations and challenge upwards
when appropriate for the best interest of the department
- Experience with with IP routing/switching and QoS.
- Experience in protocols that include: BGP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP,
QOS, DNS, Multicast, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication, as well as problem
solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend
solutions and implementation of solutions.
- Experience presenting to leadership.
- Distributed Enterprise Network experience
- IT engineering and operations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of IT networks, servers, storage and security
- Proven ability to manage IT projects through the full life
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong strategy development and operational skills.
- IT certifications are a plus
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global
health service company dedicated to improving the health,
well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with
colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health
services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions.
Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an
unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of
health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our
subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that
enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or
related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or
familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic
protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online
application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for
support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your
application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a
Keywords: Cigna, Eden Prairie , Senior Manager Network Engineering, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!