Software Engineer II
Company: C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As a Software Engineer on our Contractual team at CH Robinson,
you will collaborate with our data science teams in upstream
R&D projects, perform functional prototyping and facilitate the
transfer of successful prototypes to production. The primary focus
will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes;
then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also
be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used
across the company. You will be joining a growing data science team
and will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future. This
role in particular will focus on building out our contractual
pricing platform by working closely with data scientist and
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace
flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work
environment, both now and in the future.
Our global technology teams will continue to have the
flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective,
whether that be remote or in the office.
- Partner with product managers and principal software engineers
to translate requirements into detailed designs
- Proactively troubleshoot applications and identify performance
and availability issues providing effective options for
- Tune performance and resolve availability issues of product or
service and its dependencies
- Increase code quality through writing unit, integration, and
- Collaborate with other software engineers and teams on code
reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
- Participate in AGILE/SCRUM process
- 2+ years of experience collaborating in a team environment
- Proficient creating applications and features in an
- Proficiency developing containerized applications
- Working experience with database objects in relational
databases (ex. ex. MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres) including schema
design, stored procedure development and performance and
optimization techniques, or non-relational databases (ex.
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins,
Travis, or CircleCI
- Proficient with version control systems (ex. Git, GitHub, TFS,
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and a high
- Proficiency developing and deploying applications on
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience working with monitoring tools (ex. Prometheus,
Grafana, Elastic APM)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving
- Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic
- Comfortable working on a team distributed across the USA and
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and
celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and
communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation,
drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from
harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed,
valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including
medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance,
prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and
paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as
a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson
delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the
world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team
to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
Keywords: C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc., Eden Prairie , Software Engineer II, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!