Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Senior Manager
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 6, 2021
With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company is a globally
recognized leader in the cleaning equipment industry. For the past
150 years, we have been passionate about developing and
manufacturing innovative and sustainable solutions for our
customers. At Tennant Company, we are committed to stewardship and
creating a cleaner, safer and healthier world. With manufacturing,
operations and sales, service, and support functions across the
globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places you never
Tennant Company is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable
and inclusive culture and environment - a place where all employees
feel they belong, have equal access to opportunities, understand
the purpose of their work, and where people know they are valued.
This newly formed role will focus on the activation, maturation and
integration of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I)
strategy as we look to embed DE&I into our culture, our
strategy, and our core processes. If you are passionate about
DE&I, enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders and
partners to champion DE&I ideas and strategies then this is the
role for you.
- Work with Chief Administrative Officer, Senior Management and
HR leadership teams to create our DE&I strategy, corresponding
roadmap, and activation plans to drive and nurture a diverse,
equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Work closely with leadership and the broader Talent Management
team to identify and implement programs to attract, develop, and
retain diverse talent.
- Serve as program manager to ensure strategy activation of work
streams is executed with excellence. Will also play a hands-on role
- Develop knowledge around industry and overall DE&I best
practices and apply those to our strategy.
- Evaluate enterprise policies and practices and recommend
actions to intensify progress towards our DE&I goals.
- Understand the connection between our DE&I strategy, our
culture and employee engagement and incorporate this into
- Apply a data-driven approach to the prioritization,
development, and effectiveness of programs.
Activate and consult on enterprise DE&I metrics and measure
progress against our DE&I goals.
- Engage with critical stakeholders, internally and externally,
to increase awareness and understanding of the enterprise DE&I
goals and influence positive change.
- Partner with current employee driven resource groups to support
and advocate for resources. Nurture and develop additional resource
groups where appropriate. Help create and moderate a safe space for
these groups to operate.
- Partner with internal teams to develop community partnerships
which advance our DE&I strategy, support our stewardship value,
and provide learning opportunities for our teams.
Inspire commitment, via communication and other engagement
avenues, to our DE&I strategy.
- Advise and influence the enterprise around the impact DE&I
initiatives will have on our business, strategy, and culture.
- Consult with internal and external groups on overall best
practices and use expertise to influence positive change.
- Engage leaders, at all levels of the organization, to advance
awareness and support for DE&I activities which foster a
diverse workforce, an inclusive culture and leads to highly engaged
- Serve as a strong advocate, ally and champion and influence
others to progress their allyship.
- Demonstrate and role model inclusive leadership and provide
coaching to leaders and managers to enhance their capability to
cultivate an inclusive environment to build and retain diverse
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of applicable experience, including working on
strategic DE&I, talent management and/or culture
- Passion around DE&I initiatives and drive to make a
- Strong record of activating, and managing impactful programs
and change through an organization at an enterprise or large-scale
- Project management approach and discipline
- Ability to partner at all levels of org with an ability to
influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners, and senior
leaders without direct authority
- Strong accountability and execution orientation to ensure
program delivery excellence
- Excellent communications skills, the ability to influence
others through strong communications
Begin your journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment
decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability,
reliability, productivity, and other factors important to
performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected
by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Diversity, Financial, Equity, Manager, Project
Manager, Human Resources, Finance, Management, Technology
Keywords: Tennant, Eden Prairie , Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Senior Manager, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!