Sr Audio Visual Specialist
Company: Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Hearing is key to our health and happiness. Starkey is much more
than the hearing aids we produce. We are in the business of
connecting people and changing lives. We believe being able to hear
the world and the people around us is as essential to the human
experience as breathing. Many recent advances are already being
recognized as disruptive technologies that have positioned Starkey
hearing aids as the industry's first devices that go beyond
providing just audiological amplification. Our hearing aids now
incorporate Artificial Intelligence, embedded activity sensors,
language translation and transcription services, as well as an
always-on personal voice assistant.
General Summary of the Purpose of the Position
Starkey is looking for a Sr. Audio Visual Specialist. This
position is responsible for the overall production of audio and
video for conferences, meetings, special events, video conferences,
training, webinars, and other events. Engauge professionally with
High level Executives, Entertainers and Professional Athletes.
Oversees all aspects of virtual meetings in corporate conference
rooms. Makes recommendations on technology and drives the vision
and direction for AV services.
Approach and Deployment
Oversee audio/video aspects of live conferences, meetings,
special events, webinars and other large-scale Starkey events.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and meeting owners to
determine requirements for each virtual meeting or event.
- Plan, schedule and execute rehearsals/dry-runs and technical
testing. Coordinate with participants and validate
connectivity/compatibility with meeting technology.
- Support and direct events including breakout sessions,
participant management, presentation asset management, and system
- Manage production equipment including lighting, cameras, sound,
and production software.
- Establish best practices throughout the organization by
developing training materials and convey them regularly to teach
employees how to effectively run/manage remote meetings.
Coordinate and lead audio/video production operations and
- Prioritize and coordinate the division of labor to ensure all
commitments are managed.
- Provide regular operational assessments to leadership and make
recommendations and requests for resources when needed.
Collaborate with IT leadership and staff to ensure highest
quality virtual event production and conferencing equipment
- Review measurements/KPIs regularly to improve quality and
- Review state of equipment and services to ensure both meet
current supported requirements.
- Review current program capabilities and demands; make
College-level coursework in Communication Arts, Digital Media,
Bachelor's degree preferred
1-3 years video production experience; live and virtual event
Experience in an enterprise setting; corporate event
- Computer hardware and software - especially presentation
- Auditorium and studio equipment - cameras, microphones,
audio/video hardware and software
- Conference room equipment - video projection/displays, sound,
- Broadcast platforms: WebEx, MS Teams, MS Stream, online
streaming (FB Live, IG Live, YouTube)
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent AV production and technology knowledge and
- Ability to work under deadline pressure; flexibility/agility to
adjust to new requirements
- Superior customer service and business relationship management
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to remain flexible and patient in order to solve a
multitude of audio and video issues that may arise on the systems
supported by Starkey and challenges as they develop among a diverse
- Ability to work extended hours or weekends as required by
special events and meetings.
Keywords: Starkey Laboratories, Inc., Eden Prairie , Sr Audio Visual Specialist, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!