Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Manager,
Security Operations to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, the leader in security operations, is a
fast-growing company in an exciting and fast-growing
industry-Cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf
ranks #25 on the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in
2019! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work
environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to
make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are considered among the
2020 Best Places to Work by bizjournals.com.
At Arctic Wolf, we believe in corporate responsibility. Our
offices across North America participate in volunteer programs
throughout their communities, and we earned distinction from
TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable
About the Role:
The Manager of Security Operations is responsible for hiring and
training all team SOC Triage Security Engineers and Security
Analysts. The team delivers 24x7x365 detection, response, and
customer engagement for our Managed Detection & Managed Risk
service. This leader will own processes, SLA metrics and reporting,
execution of the processes, measuring leading indicators of SLA
attainment issues (along with immediate action to curb any SLA
misses), and trending of all. This is in addition to performance
management and development to the individual contributors and Team
Leaders within the organization. The Security Operations Manager is
responsible for effective communication between the Concierge
Organization, Customers and Partners, Research and Development, and
the Customer Success and Product Management organization.
The Manager of Security Operations is responsible for a
functional process and the performance of the iSOC. This may take
the form of Incident Triage, Ticket Triage, or any other functional
role that is required to deliver exceptional value to customers.
This team member will partner with Product Management to drive
enhancements and evolution of the function they own and
improvements within the platform that the team uses.
The Triage Engineers and Security Analysts are responsible for
investigation and incident response capabilities for all customers.
The Manager of Security Operations is capable to lead the team
through the process and execute effectively when customer breaches
require immediate investigation.
This role reports into the Director of the Security Operations
and will have Team Leads reporting directly into them and/or
technical individual contributors. Development of Team Leads as an
extension of the day-to-day operations and execution of the Triage
function will be paramount.
This role will require occasional travel between our Security
Operations Centres as team members and peers are split across our
- Operate the world's leading 24x7 Security Operations Center.
While this role is considered business hours, the support for the
team; which may take form in after hours from time to time is
- Be a subject matter expert on event monitoring, triage, and
- Lead daily operations for a dedicated team of Technical
Security Engineers performing managed Detection & Response
- Manage a 10+ member team of Security Analysts and Triage
Engineers who are accountable for the execution of detection,
response, and customer requests. The team members vary from 2 years
to 25+ years experience.
- Develop, enhance, and operationalize processes to better
execute customer expectations.
- Develop, measure, analyze, and maintain the internal and
external service metrics for Service Operation, providing timely
reports to leadership teams.
- Leverage metrics to make better informed decisions on how to
improve the capability and functionality of the organization.
- Drive people management responsibilities for their
- Provide escalation support for both customer management
challenges, security incidents, and ticket triage functions.
- Lead, coordinate, and train others on effective management of
security incidents and operational responses for customers.
- Lead post-incident analysis and documentation to ensure
accurate root causes of incidents are identified, appropriate
preventive actions are realized and tracked, and reduce likelihood
of future cybersecurity events across all customers.
- Effectively work with the R&D organization to improve
detection capabilities proactively, from best practices, and
lessons learned from post-mortems of customer experiences and
- Ensure that the organization stays current with new and
emerging threats, security risks, and potential impacts to the
- Seek innovative approaches to security incident response
- Assist with various audit of internal compliance to
- Interact with senior organizational leaders as required to
facilitate the effective handling of incidents or delivery of
- Communicate exceptionally well with business and technical
- Work with Product Management, R&D and the larger Security
Services teams to ensure the Triage service has all tool and
metrics to effectively deliver the triage service to
- Ability to lead remote team members, as not all team members
will be in the local office
Required Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Cybersecurity or equivalent and 5+ years experience
working and managing within a SOC or support or customer facing
- 2+ years experience leading teams
- Passion for developing high performance teams
- Cybersecurity practical experience in the identified function
(incident or ticket triage)
- Passion for Cybersecurity. Continually learning new attack
vectors, new threats, and security framework expertise.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to define effective security
processes. Ability to identify opportunities in current processes
and take action to roll out necessary changes.
- Knowledge of industry adopted frameworks and methodologies
(MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, NIST, ISO, PCI-DSS, etc)
- BS or Diploma in Computer Science, 4 years in a security role,
or university degree in a Computer Security program desirable
- Ability to lead a technology-focused and driven SecOps team, to
balance and prioritize across a fast-paced, growth-oriented global
environment and to manage the team's coverage and growth.
- Proven ability to rapidly analyze complex technical security
threats and incident information to be able to communicate
business-impacting risk to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently, manage projects, and exercise
judgement in reaching solutions.
- Demonstrated success in delivering analysis via a creative
approach with the mindset of an adversary.
- Strong verbal and written communication required. Must be able
to articulate written information to customers.
- You will be required to attend training, seminars, conferences,
and webinars relevant to job role to enhance current knowledge base
and skill set in order to improve job performance and
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal
background check and an employment verification as a condition of
- Conducts duties and responsibilities in accordance with AWN's
Information Security policies, standards, processes and controls to
protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AWN
- Other industry certifications such as Bachelors or Masters
Degrees in IT/Computer Science, Cybersecurity, CISSP, etc
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our
customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We
believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique
qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we
appreciate that-by protecting people's and organizations' sensitive
data- we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits
- Equity for all employees
- Paid parental leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the
qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We
review all applications and still may consider you the right person
for the role or have another open position where you're the perfect
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or
any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible,
respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and
participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if
you require any accommodations by