Freight Coordinator II
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Responsible for the logistical coordination of all purchase
orders applying to the assigned lanes, consolidation distribution
centers, and carriers for this position. This position acts as the
single point of contact between UNFI Replenishment, UNFI
Operations, and 3PL Partners (Carriers) to achieve the highest
quality of logistics performance and service level expectations at
the optimal cost. This includes all coordination and communication
from product pick up to final destination while balancing freight
costs, monitoring transit times, and internal operations
- Track key performance indicators including vendor transit time,
vendor out of stocks, carrier delays/detention, volume and
- Reviews freight costs to determine best cost to service
solution from current carrier portfolio.
- Reviews and adjusts freight lanes with replenishment to ensure
weight and cube capabilities are maximized.
- Monitor and communicate needed adjustments for the scheduled
transfer of frozen, perishable and dry product to destination
- Can fluently navigate crossdock, LTL, FTL, IMD and backhaul
lanes with an understanding of the performance expectations within
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to
be assigned periodically.
- Able to articulate and present service/expense development work
by supplier to management and other coordinators professionally,
- Leads supplier/carrier meetings relative to onboarding,
operational planning, and performance.
- Consistent mastery exhibition of Freight Coordinator I & II
essential functions and basic duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Education/ Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- Associate's degree and/or equivalent related experience
- Minimum two years related experience
- Previous purchasing / logistics / transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product applications (Excel,
- Familiar with applicable Warehouse Management Systems
functions, and Transportation Management Systems.
- Excellent working relationships and coordination with internal
and external business partners
- Efficient service level, on time metrics and Freight Cost
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal
skills, and phone etiquette
- Ability to prioritize multiple request and responsibilities in
a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and
- Core understanding of the Master Scheduling teams role in the
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Eden Prairie , Freight Coordinator II, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!