Packager - 1st Shift
Company: E.A. Sween Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: June 3, 2021
We are always looking for talented, hardworking people to join
the E.A. Sween family.
We are a family-oriented company that understands the
significance of our employees and we are successful because of our
incredibly committed team. We have a great opportunity for a
Packager on 1st shift. The hours for this position are 6am -
4:30pm, Monday - Thursday with occasional overtime on Fridays.
Take a Virtual Tour and see what it looks like out on the
production floor at EA Sween Company and learn more about our
amazing company: https://vimeo.com/528352764/88eb84e77e
E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
The Packager is responsible for completing all daily paperwork
correctly and turn into the Pack off Lead on a timely basis. Label
boxes / trays and pack sandwiches in bun trays and corrugated boxes
at designated line speeds. This position plays an active role in
the Company's Lean initiative.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous
improvement activates to support SQF 2000 requirements, regulatory
requirements and customers requirements.
- Team player promotes a friendly and positive work
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, organized work area.
- Box Maker:
- Place label on the box in the correct position.
- Open box and fold flaps to prepare for boxers to place product
- Monitor the print on the sandwiches for correct price and day
code according to standard work for each sandwich.
- Verify face and ingredient labels are correct for the sandwich
- Place product in the box/bun tray in the correct designated
- Place the completed bun trays into metal racks or finished case
on pallets according to the standard work for each product.
- Monitor the printing on each case / tray to ensure date and
codes are correct and legible.
- Complete all paperwork and turn in after each period to Pack
- Pack Off Runner
- Work with Production and Pack-off Lead to supply the correct
amount of materials for all lines.
- Adequate racking and good quality pallets should be available
to production lines at all times in specified locations.
- Ensure that pallets, racks and dollies are stored and
transported with safety in mind to help facilitate a Zero Safety
- Must be able to read a production schedule to determine the
correct supplies and product specifications required on a daily
basis. (Such as case labels, cell labels, corrugate etc.)
- Occasionally perform hourly metal detector tests or line
changes when Pack-off Lead is not available.
- Help ensure labeled packing materials are properly addressed
before returning to stock (ie: give to pack off lead to remove
- Set up work stations for each line, including floor mats.
- Remove garbage, plastic and waste cardboard from all pack off
- Communicate any packaging shortages, problems or issues
immediately to the Pack off Lead.
- When main scanner is on break or falls behind this position may
assist in scanning products into the JDE Edwards system.
- Down time may be used to clean areas of the pack-off, work with
line employees to increase their speed and accuracy, or help other
pack-off support positions such as Pack-off Scanner/Product Mover,
Corrugate Supply and Shipping person.
- Help Pack-off Lead ensure that all rejects are reworked in RTE,
this includes monitoring volumes of rejects on each line,
communication with RTE and pack-off lead about rejects, cleaning
product that has fallen on the floor, and helping bring rejects
around to bread area to be reworked in RTE.
- Rotate all positions on a 30 minute basis
- Follow all GMP's, standard work and safety practices. Report
any incidents where such procedures are not being followed to
Pack-off Lead or Support Supervisor.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Follow all standard work.
- Wear all required safety gear. ie: Hard-Hat, gloves, ear
- Must be flexible as it relates to the basic work schedule.
- Follow all GMP's.
- Successfully complete the mandatory E.A. Sween quarterly safety
training sessions for the purpose of complying with both OSHA
regulations and E.A. Sween policy.
- Perform all activities in accordance with current Good
Manufacturing Practices and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English
- Must be able to work with all kinds of meats, including pork,
- Previous assembly or food experience preferred
- Ability to stand and work in temperatures of 30-40 degrees for
duration of shift
To keep our employees and guests safe, we have implemented
temperature/visual screening upon entry, have face masks available
upon request and are sanitizing work stations daily.
Keywords: E.A. Sween Company, Eden Prairie , Packager - 1st Shift, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!