Mechanical Assembly Technician- 2nd Shift
Company: MTS Systems
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 31, 2021
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for
a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your
creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and
make a positive impact on people's lives. It is a place where you
can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what's possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind
turbines and space-age materials - this is work we dream about as
kids. At MTS, it's a rewarding career path for talented individuals
who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving
complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world,
many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you'll have access to the latest tools and
technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are
passionate about their work. You'll discover a dynamic culture of
continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers
numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And
because we are a global company, your work may also include world
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential
Assemble, configure, and repair MTS mechanical sub-systems.
Perform on site installation and configuration of subsystems.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Assembles, configures, tests, and calibrates mechanical or
electro-mechanical sub-systems according to engineering and
- Meets standards for quality, efficiency, and schedule.
- Interprets engineering documents to determine results and
- Troubleshoots and repairs new and customer-owned mechanical
- Disassembles and diagnose problems.
- Develops solutions and resolves performance issues.
- Estimates repair time and materials.
- Collaborates to maintain accuracy of documents and records per
- Initiates exchange of information on BOM, drawing and
documentation corrections through appropriate processes.
- Actively influences final documentation decisions.
- Actively and accurately executes non-conforming materials
Develops techniques and collaborates in the development of
manufacturing and repair processes.
- Exhibits professionalism on the job at MTS and at customer
- Behaves in a respectful manner toward coworkers, engineers,
supervisors, and customers.
- Communicates effectively with coworkers, engineers,
supervisors, and customers.
- Maintains knowledge and training in industry, technology, and
- Participates in required training.
- Provides training (as appropriate for responsibility
- Two year certification from college or trade school or military
training in an applicable discipline (mechanics, hydraulics,
electronics) or Four years applicable experience in an applicable
- Must understand and apply basic hydro-mechanical
- Hydraulic schematics, hydraulic flow characteristics, tube &
hose sizing, proper sealing characteristics, basic structural
integrity, quality and safety in designs.
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual
orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age,
marital status or veteran status.
Posting Notes: Manufacturing/Operations/Quality | | |
Keywords: MTS Systems, Eden Prairie , Mechanical Assembly Technician- 2nd Shift, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!