Mover-Finished Goods - Weekend Shift
Company: E.A. Sween Company
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 31, 2021
We are always looking for talented, hardworking people to join
the E.A. Sween family.
We are a family-oriented company that understands the
significance of our employees and we are successful because of our
incredibly committed team. We are seeking an individual to join the
team as a Finished Goods Mover-Pack Off for Weekend shift. The
hours of operation are Friday Thru Sunday 6am-6:30pm.
E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
The FG (Finished Goods) Mover is responsible for ensuring the
uninterrupted flow of production in the Pack-off area by providing
support by moving completed pallets or racks from each line in a
timely manner. Prepare each pallets or stack of racks with the
proper shrink-wrap and labels, ensuring it is scanned to the work
order, scanned to the freezer and then to the truck utilizing the
RF Barcode scanning system this person is responsible for the
cleanliness of the freezer area and shipping dock. This position
plays an active role in the Company's Lean initiative.
COST/CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/LEAN INITIATIVES
- Participate and contribute to Lean activities.
- Support the Spirit, Purpose and Vision of E. A. Sween Company
and creates a friendly positive work environment.
- Communicate effectively with your Team Lead and Supervisor
throughout the day for any changes or issues that may arise.
- Must be dependable, have good attendance, and have no
GMP/safety violations, or disciplinary actions (in the last 12
- Zero Safety Incidences of Team Members
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Successfully complete the mandatory E.A. Sween quarterly safety
training sessions for the purpose of complying with both OSHA
regulations and E.A. Sween policy.
FOOD SAFETY & QUALITY
- Comply with food safety regulations, and current Good
Manufacturing Practices to result in the delivery of safe food
- Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous
improvement activities to support SQF requirements, regulatory
requirements and customers' requirements.
- Perform all activities in accordance with current Good
Manufacturing Practices and company policies.
- Follow all GMP's, standard work and safety practices. Report
any incidents where such procedures are not being followed to
Pack-off Lead or Support Supervisor.
- Utilizing the RF system ensure all pallets exiting the pack off
area are counted and labeled with a Barcode label on the bottom
right case of each pallet, double stack of trays and all partial
rows or stacks. Ensure the work order number matches the item
- Move finished product to the scanning area in a safe and timely
- Ensure all finished products are placed into the freezer as
soon as possible and staged based on the time stamp to ensure that
the 40 F in 4 hours rule is followed.
- Prior to loading finished goods trailers you must ensure they
are swept, inspected and noted on the outbound trailer report. Also
ensure the trailer's refrigeration unit is started, is running and
the set point is set at 10 deg. F.
- Load trailers with products that have met the 40 F in 4 hours
rule, using the RF scanner. Ensure all pallets are scanned and
correct amounts entered. Ensure finished trailer is locked down
properly and a Trailer BOL report accompanies the load.
- Maintain the Freezer and loading dock area in a clean,
organized and safe manner. This task includes sweeping the freezer
and loading dock daily.
- Help production lines when they fall behind. This includes, but
is not limited to, fixing and replacing tape and helping pack, rack
or make boxes when necessary.
- Maintain an organized store section in the freezer by
consolidating inventory weekly.
- Communicate any rack or pallet shortages, product quality or
coding accuracy problems or any other issues immediately to the
- Empty racks from trailers into their designated location.
- Ensure that pallets, racks and dollies are stored and
transported with safety in mind to help facilitate a Zero Safety
- Downtime should be used to assist other support positions in
the pack-off area with stocking racks and pallets and moving
finished goods to the scan area.
- Follow all standard work as related to the position.
- Rotate break times with pack-off lead and other pack-off
support employees to ensure pack-off is adequately covered at all
- Must be flexible as it relates to the basic work schedule.
- Metal Racks
- Pallet jack
- Stretch wrap
- Cutting utensil (i.e. knife, scissors)
- RF Handheld Scanner
- Zebra label printer
- Forklift ( Stand up and sit down )
- Pallet jack
- Tie down straps and bars
- Eye wear
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Previous assembly line experience.
- Basic math skills
- Forklift License (Issued through E.A. Sween)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to work in cool conditions (32 to 40 degrees to
- Must be able to be on feet majority of the day
- Must be able to bend, twist, turn, push, pull
- Must be able to reach over head
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: E.A. Sween Company, Eden Prairie , Mover-Finished Goods - Weekend Shift, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!