Facilities Maintenance Technician
Company: Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a privately held, global hearing
technology company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
Founded by Bill Austin in 1967, Starkey is known for its innovative
design, development and distribution of comprehensive digital
hearing systems. Led today by President Brandon Sawalich, Starkey
is the only American-owned and operated provider of hearing
technologies. The company has more than 5,000 employees, operates
24 facilities and does business in more than 100 markets
- Assist with electrical maintenance throughout the
- Assist troubleshooting electrical problems and repair.
- Assist with electrical wiring for all remodeling projects and
moving production benches.
- Assist with plumbing within the building.
- Install, maintain, and repair facility faucets.
- Maintain restrooms and lunchroom.
Plumb air lines.
- Assist with the heating/cooling system within the
- Maintain climate control throughout the building.
- Provide preventive maintenance on systems such as: change
filters, clean coils, maintain compressor, etc.
Troubleshoot and repair heating/cooling systems.
- Handle and/or assist with general repairs throughout the
- Determine the problem and troubleshoot and repair the problem
- Order and/or purchase necessary maintenance or custodian
supplies with manager's approval.
- Stock and inventory maintenance and custodian supplies.
- Support and perform requests from internal departments.
- Perform daily/weekly change of light bulbs throughout the
Perform miscellaneous projects as needed - such as painting the
building interior walls, set-up the lunchroom for meetings, grill
for in-house picnics and when needed help at the warehouse with
loading and unloading and with any other tasks.
- Recycling - batteries, plastic, paper, razor blades, cans, UV
blubs and etc.
Remove/empty when containers are full and place in holding area
for recycling to be picked-up or take to a recycling facility.
- Maintain the property grounds.
Lawn mowing, weed control, snow removal by building entrances,
put de-icer down and clean-up debris off the grounds.
- Support and assist with Health & Safety.
- Conduct monthly and yearly inspections on the emergency lights
- Handle chemical spills.
- Customer feedback
- Timeliness - Job requests completed in a timely matter
- Quality of work
- Overall building/ground appearance to support Starkey
- Support colleagues and other departments to deliver great
- Work with immediate manager to address issues, opportunities
- Provide ideas, support and assistance for continuous
- Support corporate health and safety objectives.
- React to change productively and handle other essential duties
High School degree or equivalent required. Vo-tech degree in one
or more of the following areas is advantageous: plumbing,
electrical, or heating/cooling is desired. Must have a Minnesota
Class D Driver's License with a clean driving record required.
3 years experience in one or more of the following areas:
plumbing, electrical, or heating, cooling desired (HVAC Experience
2 years experience in all types of mechanical equipment a
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic mechanical knowledge in the areas of: plumbing,
heating/cooling, electrical and general repairs.
- Good troubleshooting skills required.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Ability to use small and large hand tools required.
- Ability to walk, crawl, bend, climb, kneel, overhead reach, and
differentiate color required.
- Ability to lift, carry, push and pull 50 lbs. required.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Typing and computer skills helpful.
Communicates occasionally with contractors, vendors, and service
Communicates regularly with managers and employees
- Mostly office and manufacturing environment.
- Occasionally outdoor work in warm and cold temperatures and
- Inventory areas to be kept clean and organized at all
- Regular attendance and responsiveness to reasonable job-related
directives as given by the manager
- Will stand 33%, walk 33% and sit 34% of the time.
Hand tools, electrical test equipment, ladders, power tools,
snow blower, company vehicle, lawn mower and computer
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe
the general nature of the job.
Keywords: Starkey Laboratories, Inc., Eden Prairie , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!