Diesel Fleet Mechanic
Company: First Transit
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Join First Transit as a Diesel Fleet Technician!We maintain &
repair campus shuttle buses for the University of
Minnesota!Starting Pay Up to $26.58/hour!**Relocation assistance
may be available!We're Proud to Offer You:
- $23.98 - $25.58/HR based on experience and qualifications + up
to an additional $1.00 depending on shift.
- ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- **Relocation assistance may be available!
- Company paid ASE training and testing materials
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and
401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid sick time, paid holidays, paid time
- Boot, Tool, Prescription Safety Glasses allowance
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide!(Many of our
executives were once techs)Fleet Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline,
electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis,
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using of state of the art paperless maintenance
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as
requiredFleet Technician Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience;
transit bus experience is preferred
- Experience with Cummins engine repair
- Experience with Allison transmission repair
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Possess or be able to obtain 2 ASE Certifications within 90
days of hire.So, Who Are We?We are First Transit (A Division of
FirstGroup America) - a leading transportation provider. We move
more than 350 million passengers annually and employ 19,500
dedicated transit professionals in over 300 locations worldwide.
And we need great team members like you!FirstGroup is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed
to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Transit, Eden Prairie , Diesel Fleet Mechanic, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!