Eden Prairie Campus
Job Duties and Responsibilities: This is a professional finance
position whose primary focus is the development and maintenance of
GAAP's and the sound financial management of the assets of Apex.
(Percentages = priority and approximate time focus)
1. Ensure that the finance function moves Apex forward as to how
it informs business decisions, and strengthens Apex's standing
* Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial
reports, special analyses, and information reports.
* Ensure that reports and interpretation are timely and relevant
to business objectives.
* Provide management with analysis that interprets performance
against key financial performance indicators.
* Conduct random audits, spot-checks and inspections to validate
* Ensure the accuracy of all financial and accounting
* Ensure the timeliness of all reports.
* Provide due diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
* Advise senior management regarding their finance related
* Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses and provide
* Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
* Interface with company managers to provide consultative
support to their planning initiatives.
* Make appropriate recommendations based on the interpretations
* Ensure financial controls and "best practices" in regards to
all revenue and expenses.
2.. Ensure regulatory compliance and financial soundness by
parties proactive interpretation and measurement of financial
and accounting information. 20%
* Ensure that finance, accounting, and auditing procedures
comply with all government and GAAP requirements.
* Ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting
3. Management Competencies- Develop and maintain an organization
of high performing
people who are aligned with Apex Vision, Purpose and Values.
* Selection- finds and retains the right people in each position
and selects the right candidate.
* Training- provides employees the skill and information they
need to perform their jobs successfully and follows through to
* Management\Leadership- Coaches employees to succeed and
develops them for the future.
* Correction\Redirection- addresses chronic unacceptable
performance in a way that causes improvement.
* Performance Evaluation- Objectively values and defines
performance against outcomes and standards.
* Employee development- Follows a plan to develop performance
and prepare people in their career development.
* Termination- knows how to document employee performance and
construct a case leading to correct termination decisions.
4. Understand and maintain a culture of "lean action" within the
department so that we live
lean better than any organization. 10%
* Implement and maintain standards and processes that eliminate
waste throughout the department.
* Apply and utilize "lean tools" to permanently implement
* Institutionalize 5-S in all aspects of the department. (Sort,
Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain)
5. Perform other work as assigned. 10%