Lead Systems Architect
Company: Lifetouch National School Studios Inc.
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 11, 2020
We have a key opportunity for a Lead Systems Architect to join
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company,
is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada.
Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the
ability to directly impact our business.We are seeking an
experienced Lead Systems Architect to join our team of talented and
highly dedicated IT professionals. If you are passionate about
problem-solving and innovation, this is an excellent career
opportunity for you.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in business requirements sessions and in the
development of use cases.
- Produces detailed functional design document to match customer
requirements (applying UML).
- Produces technical specification for custom development and
systems integration requirements.
- Leads the customer feedback and UAT sessions.
- Analyzes and designs enhancements and fixes to applications
based on beta testing and rollout learnings of the solution when
- Partners with server, database, networking and project or
cross-functional teams throughout the development
- Creates and maintains documentation of existing and new system
architecture and the associated technology portfolio.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and
personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept
confidential at all times.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with appropriate cross-functional representatives
through the solutions implementation to ensure requirements are met
and functionality works as desired and defined.
- Acts as a subject matter expert/technical resource, provides
guidance, and shares technical expertise with other members of the
- Builds technical knowledge (of self and others), specifically
related to applicable emerging technologies (e.g., AWS, Cloud) in
support of application development and integration efforts and
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent
- IT function specialty certification(s) (e.g., AWS Solutions
Architect, Oracle Certified Master, Certified Scrum Coach),
- 8+ years in software development developing and designing
applications in various architectures.
- Demonstrated functional requirements development and working
directly with stakeholders.
- Designing architectures to meet requirements utilizing
technologies across application tiers:
- Client-side (e.g., JAVA script, HTML, CSS)
- Application framework (e.g., Spring, Grails, Hibernate, MVC,
and CMS systems)
- API use and development (e.g., REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Relational database (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, no-SQL
- Queueing and workflow (e.g., JMS, AWS SQS, Rabbit MQ,
- Third-party systems integration (e.g., Exact Target, Groupon,
Vertex, payment gateways)
- Web Servers (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Varnish)
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Expert technical knowledge of the business specific
functional/operational areas and IT technologies involved
- Solid understanding of SOA and enterprise integration
- Ability to design, prototype and assess architecture
- Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to manage and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative
Keywords: Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., Eden Prairie , Lead Systems Architect, Other , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!