Software Engineer II
Company: Acist Medical Systems
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 24, 2023
This position will provide opportunities to learn alongside
senior software engineering staff, and help shape the future of our
diagnostic medical technology alongside a growing world-class
global R&D team, learn advanced cardiology and
radiology-oriented medical systems, advance in a technical career
path, and enjoy the culture of a small privately held company with
the backing of an international conglomerate
This position is responsible for designing and developing software
for Bracco Medical Technologies' (BMT) global portfolio of medical
devices. As a member of BMT's global R&D software engineering
organization, receive coaching and mentoring from senior
engineering staff while participating in all phases of the software
development lifecycle, including concept development, requirements,
design, implementation, and testing in support of the development
of medical devices and new product development.
This role includes opportunities to build proficiency as a software
developer and learn to translate product requirements into code and
document work to be compliant with the BMT Product Development
Process (PDP) and Quality Management System (QMS). Additionally,
this position will offer opportunities to develop communication
skills, build proficiency at presenting information to the core
product development team in a professional manner, and work
cross-functionally with technical and other professional talent
from various facilities and from diverse backgrounds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently and in coordination with other team members
to design, prototype, develop, and document software applications
that are used in Medical Device software, with a strong focus on
- Develop methods and algorithms that translate system and
software requirements into code that can be deployed in BMT's
- Actively contribute to the design and development of
medical/patient care solutions and products that are suited for
ease of manufacturing, assembly, and test (DFMAT) while meeting
- Work to identify design issues and risks in software and
develop mitigations to address the risk.
- Implement deployment and update mechanisms for medical device
operating systems and application software in medical
- Work on connectivity aspects of medical device software with
hospital information system.
- Work independently to develop documentation for all phases of
product development, including design specifications, verification
test plans, project schedules, software models, source code, and
change orders associated with medical devices.
- Support test team with test automation efforts.
- Work closely with cross-function teams including regulatory,
R&D, quality, marketing and manufacturing departments.
- Initiate communications regarding software development status
and issues where decisions need to be made in team forums and
- Perform work in adherence to the Bracco Medical Technologies
(BMT) Quality Management System (QMS), including development and
maintenance of documentation
- Develops SW solutions for products to meet requirements
regulated by FDA, UL, CE, and other governing bodies as defined by
- Participates in selection of vendors and fabrication sources to
assure quality and compliance to released specifications
- Committed to fostering and driving an environment and work
output based on continuous improvement
Keywords: Acist Medical Systems, Eden Prairie , Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!