Principal Software Engineer
Company: Acist Medical Systems
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 11, 2022
The -Principal Software Engineer will report from our offices in
Eden Prairie, MN, or Silicon Valley, CA, with additional
flexibility to accommodate remote and hybrid work arrangements.
This position will provide opportunities to help shape the future
of our diagnostic medical technology alongside a growing
world-class global R&D team, learn advanced cardiology and
radiology-oriented medical systems, advance in a technical career
path, and enjoy the culture of a small privately held company with
the backing of an international conglomerate. - This position is a
key leadership position that guides the software team in designing
and developing software for Bracco Medical Technology's (BMT)
global portfolio of medical devices. As a member of BMT's global
R&D software engineering organization, lead and direct the
technical activities in all phases of the software development
lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design,
implementation, and testing in support of the development of
medical devices and new product development. As a key
decision-maker in assessing the status, risk, issues, and potential
mitigations to address looming issues, This position influences
stakeholders in the product development team and leads the team in
delivering effective results. This requires working
cross-functionally with technical and other professional talent
from various facilities and from diverse backgrounds. Primary
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to ensure the software technical solution
effectively meets the product and system requirements, and the
software specifications accurately describe the solution.
- Lead the team through the requirements formulation, design,
prototype, develop, and documentation of the software applications
and ensure the solution meets all performance requirements for
Medical Device applications, with a strong focus on contrast
- Develop innovative methods and algorithms that translate system
and software requirements into code and deploy the best solutions
in BMT's medical devices.
- Responsible to ensure project execution is completed meeting
the time, cost, performance, and quality requirements according to
the prescribed product development process and quality management
- Partner with the Principal Architect to
- develop and enforce the application of rigorous and effective
coding standards for medical device applications,
- ensure connectivity applications are developed according to the
product and technology roadmaps
- define the Intellectual Property strategy and identify key
technologies that need to be protected.
- Accountable for reviewing and approving the software impact
assessment and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) that
identify design issues and risks in software and lead the team in
developing mitigations to address these issues.
- Responsible to ensure the implementation and deployment and
update mechanisms for medical device operating systems and
application software is effective.
- Review and approve the documentation ensuring it meets the
standards of BMT software engineering.
- Approve the requirements developed for test automation to
improve the productivity of the team.
- Perform work in adherence to the BMT Quality Management System
(QMS), including development and maintenance of documentation
- Develops SW solutions for products to meet requirements
regulated by FDA, UL, CE, and other governing bodies as defined by
- Engage the cross-function teams including regulatory,
Engineering, quality, marketing and manufacturing departments to
improve the process of product development within BMT.
- Lead the definition of requirements and evaluation criteria for
third party Engineering Service vendors that can provide surge
capacity resources for BMT.
- Coach the engineers in their professional development, and
mentor key individuals that are identified as potential candidates
for leadership positions. Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills &
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be
willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be
considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by ACIST
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer
Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer
Systems Engineering, or a related discipline or extensive work
experience and training.
- 7+ years of experience in software development in .NET
languages, using Visual Studio
- Extensive knowledge of C#, C++ and .NET architecture
- 5+ years with demonstrated results delivered in the Agile
- 2+ years in development of GUI applications
- Software development through full product life-cycle
- Extensive experience in leading the development and management
of system/software requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in scripting languages.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft .NET development environment.
- Demonstrated results in implementing cybersecurity mitigations
and encryption techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Strong initiative and passion about new technologies with high
- Experience with the development tools: JIRA, GIT, JAMA
- Experience with the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).
- Experience with creating and managing software requirements and
specification and translating them into effective architectures and
software design with object-oriented design methodology Preferred
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems
Engineering, or a related discipline a plus
- Demonstrated continuous learning on new .NET development
features and methods
- 3+ years of new product development
- Experience working with distributed embedded devices.
- Experience with XAML, XSL, HTML, and communication protocols
TCP/IP, UPnP, Web Services, CAN
- Fluency with clinical radiology terminology.
- Knowledge of QSR, ISO/EN and Quality System Standards. Other
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics
codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within
Keywords: Acist Medical Systems, Eden Prairie , Principal Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!