Senior System Administrator (in-office & remote)
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Senior System Administrator is responsible for remotely resolving
escalated IT requests to client's satisfaction.
Compensation and Benefits
* Salary $75,000- $95,000
* Latest technology tools: IT Management, Knowledgebase,
Professional Service Automation, cellphone, laptop, and two
* Latest technical training: expert led events and on demand,
* Medical & Dental Insurance 75% of family premium covered
* 401K w/ 4% match
* 2 Weeks PTO plus Paid Holidays
Thriveon is Minnesota's leading IT Success provider, locally owned
and operated since it's founding in 2002. Thriveon offers a clearly
differentiated managed IT service that delivers results not
otherwise available in the Minnesota market. Thriveon is poised to
grow 5x over the next 8 years, from the current team of 26 people.
Thriveon's mission is to empower people to create business success
with information and technology. Focusing on manufacturing and
professional services businesses with 20-200 staff members in and
around the Minnesota geographic area. The management at Thriveon
believe its people are its most important asset and is focused on
developing a rewarding career plan for team members, creating an
environment for them to grow and thrive. The culture is a results
oriented close-knit family. Work environment is hybrid in-office
and remote as the work allows.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Remotely respond to escalated client IT requests on a first in
first out basis within 60 minutes, emergency within 15 minutes, all
requests responded to same day.
* Understand the issue, client business impact and client
documentation resolving within 60 minutes to client satisfaction
and root cause 95+% of the time.
* Keep client informed via call and ticket update at start/stop of
working request, resolution, and at least daily until resolved.
* Assist other engineers with technical next steps where they would
benefit from guidance.
* Identify areas where training would be beneficial for members of
the team and work with the Service Desk Manager to schedule.
* Update ticketing system with troubleshooting/resolution notes and
documentation portal with changes.
* Maintain existing Thriveon standardization and provide input to
standardization team to further prevent issues or lower time to
* Maintain up-to-date Time Entries and Expenses for billing and
* Participate in daily huddles and weekly meetings
* Complete 1 hour of continuing education per week to improve job
* Exemplifies Thriveon Core Values: Humble, Helpful, Ambitious,
Coachable and Curious.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience within relevant IT field.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information sciences, or
related field preferred.
* Experience with Microsoft servers, Office 365, Azure and VMware
* Experience with server and network infrastructure
* Experience with PowerShell scripting.
* Knowledge of small to mid-size business IT systems.
* Detailed oriented with strong documentation skills.
* Effectively communicate in a non-technical way to clients.
Keywords: Thriveon, Eden Prairie , Senior System Administrator (in-office & remote), IT / Software / Systems , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!