Lead Software Engineer - EAIP Basking Ridge, NJ or Eden Prairie, MN
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: September 12, 2020
You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not
just any solutions - solutions that are scalable and can be used in
the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At
Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile
environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with
are working together to help make the health care system work
better for everyone. When you join us as a Lead Software Engineer,
you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise,
making historic transformation in health care and changing the way
our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be
challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact
the health care industry for the better. Here, you'll work at a
pace you didn't know you had in you, your performance will be
rewarded and, at the end of the day, you'll know you're doing your
life's best work.(sm)
Envision working within a Fortune 6 company, making technology
awesomeness happen on how we integrate and externalize cross -
functional systems and data. In this newly created role, you will
be responsible for driving engineering outcomes for product
development teams, as well as increasing the technology evolution
for our Data Externalization platforms. This person will be
accountable for helping to both introduce new approaches for
externalizing data, as well as fully automating the solutions on
top of existing technologies, or through utilization of Open Source
- Implementing API and data streaming capabilities, engineering
telemetry solutions, building cloud deployment platforms, and
working across fully automated stacks in a CI / CD ecosystem
- Implementing the datasets framework which is a means of
defining, collection, discovering data and using policy as code to
describe assets, underlying data and auditing and applying row
column permissions in run time in an automated manner.
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with IT
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive
- Engineer innovative solutions to meet the needs of the
- Implement best practices and coding standards of the
- Ensure their team delivers value to customers.
- Guide their team with company values. Abide by all the project
and company guidelines and standards and to ensure that even the
team members are doing so.
- Reviewing the decisions the team makes to ensure consistency
and alignment with the vision.
- Work on constantly increasing the productivity of the team and
reducing the waste on the other end.
- Lead the team successfully and set targets and expectations for
- Work on identifying the project risk and planning mitigation
action with the PM at project level.
- Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct
security audits to determine weaknesses in applications.
- Maintaining the project technical vision clear for everyone,
from beginning to end.
- Mentoring team members. You'll be rewarded and recognized for
your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give
you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as
well as provide development for other roles you may be interested
- 15+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience writing API's using core Java (utilizing
frameworks like Spring Boot, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in technical lead position and providing
technical guidance to team.
- 5+ year of data streaming experience with Frameworks like Kafka
- 5+ years of experience in REST API design (including
- 5+ years of experience in CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, XL
Deploy/XL Release, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with container technologies (e.g.
OpenShift , Kubernetes, AWS, Azure)
- 3+ years of experience with various frameworks (e.g. Splunk,
- Experience with engineering platforms at scale in public +
- Experience working across fully automated stacks in a CI/CD
- Agile DevOps delivery model experience Preferred
- Experience with event driven architecture and technologies
- Experience with distributed data stores at scale
- Active in working with emerging technologies.
- Experience working effectively across multiple functional areas
in a matrixed environment
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with test case automation
- Experience in agile environments (using tools like CA Agile
Central) Technology Careers with Optum . Information and technology
have amazing power to transform the health care industry and
improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where
you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're
freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever
it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most
easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality
of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and
the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This
is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota,
Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Eden Prairie , Lead Software Engineer - EAIP Basking Ridge, NJ or Eden Prairie, MN, IT / Software / Systems , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!