Lead Software Engineer
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in
multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we
think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about
transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference?
Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best
work.(sm) The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas,
innovative products and software that drives elevated performance
for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth
Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that
marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software
engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not
only do we have more of them every day, we also have more
technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than
any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses
and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be
challenged like never before. It's time to join this history
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within
the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Infrastructure and platform DevOps work
- Leading and mentoring junior software engineers
- Technical curiosity and an ability to troubleshoot the
- Deliver professional level technical work in support of the
development of company products, tools, platforms and services,
typically for an external customer or end user.
- Operates within established methodologies, procedures, and
- Applies knowledge of principles and techniques to solve
- Works closely with other functions to understand customer needs
and to develop product roadmaps.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Be an active participant on the Scrum team.
- Utilize solid development skills and gain an understanding of
software architecture. You'll be rewarded and recognized for your
performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you
clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as
provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in the software engineering
- 2+ years of experience working with Kafka
- Experience with technologies such as Kubernetes, key-value
stores (such as Cassandra), Elasticsearch
- Willingness to work an on-call rotation Preferred
- Experience delivering software using a DevOps approach
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Health care industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while
maintaining adherence to standards and best practices Technology
Careers with Optum . Information and technology have amazing power
to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives.
This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the
problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so
it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're
creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into
action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower
costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work
together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do
your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth
Group's Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a healthier
atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free
workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before
beginning employment. Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Eden
Prairie, MN, Kafka, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch , Eden Prairie, MN,
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Eden Prairie , Lead Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!