Respiratory Therapist - Contract
Company: Atlantic Partners
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible for respiratory therapy
duties including oxygen administration, application of ventilators,
initiation, assessment of and recommendations for respiratory care
services including diagnostic studies under physician supervision.
Actively and consistently demonstrates the mission, vision, values
and guiding principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides for the administration of airway management,
mechanical ventilator applications and management, therapeutic
respiratory care services, oxygen and aerosol therapy, certain
diagnostic services, and other therapies as outlined in department
- Provides respiratory equipment ventilator maintenance.
- Documents all provided customer care activities within
electronic medical record, to include applicable charges for
- Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and
procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
- Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in
Code of Conduct.
- Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses
customer and/or team member related information as needed to
perform job duties.
- Reports violations or areas of concern to leader or Corporate
Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy; Bachelor's Degree in
Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Current Licensed Respiratory Therapist (RT) issued by the
Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. Team member must meet all
annual requirements for renewal including mandated CEUs.
- Must be currently certified as a BLS provider.
- Must attain and maintain ACLS, PALS, and NRP provider status
within 6 months of employment and NICU CORE team members must
acquire STABLE within 6 months of employment.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements
- Prior experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner/Therapist
and level 3 NICU experience preferred.
- New Graduate RT from an accredited Respiratory Therapist school
will be considered.
- Ability to take initiative, be self-motivated and an
independent, accountable, dependable performer.
- Effective planning, time management, organizational and
- Solid PC skills to include electronic medical record, MS
applications, Internet, etc.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to
express ideas and information (both in written and oral form),
clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive
manner. Has an awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs,
feelings and capabilities of others.
- Ability to be accountable for quality customer service and
respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control
- Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in
Keywords: Atlantic Partners, Eden Prairie , Respiratory Therapist - Contract, Healthcare , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!