Company: Minnesota Autism Center
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: May 9, 2022
POSITION PURPOSE:Identify, assess, and provide treatment for
children with motor and self-care delays as well as sensory
processing difficulties. Consult with behavior therapy teams to
ensure the appropriate integration of motor, self-care, and sensory
processing programs and supports. Provide training to clinical
staff regarding Occupational Therapy. Provide training to
caregivers and other service providers in client's environment and
community to promote consistency and generalization of skills.
Coordinate with outside Occupational Therapists as needed. Work
with clinical staff to ensure quality within the implementation and
design of each child's programming as it relates to Occupational
Therapy.Responsibilities include attending meetings with the SPOT
Coordinators and/or Chief Executive Officer on a monthly basis.
Occupational Therapist will develop and implement individualized
Plans of Care, utilizing methods demonstrated to be evidence-based,
for clients, as assigned. Report on a regular basis the progress of
each client in the caseload. Assist in the development of the
Individual Treatment Plan and any Prior Authorization information
to procure funding for the client's Occupational Therapy
- Employee must possess a Master's degree in Occupational
- Employee must possess a current license to practice
Occupational Therapy through the Minnesota Department of
- Employee must be registered with the National Board of
Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) or be working toward
- Prior Autism and Pediatric experience preferred.SKILLS
- Employee must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Employee must possess highly developed verbal and written
- Employee must be able to collaborate with all members of the
clinical and administrative teams to assure the best therapeutic
programming for all clients.
- Employee must possess a valid driver's license, automobile
insurance, and have use of an automobile to travel to work sites
- Employee must pass all criminal background checks as required
by the State of Minnesota to be eligible to work with children and
- Employee must be proficient in the use of MS Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Employee must communicate with clients, client caregivers,
peers and supervisors in a professional manner.
- Employee must relay information in written or verbal form to
client caregivers, MAC staff or other support staff as necessary in
a timely manner.
- Employee must effectively communicate clinical issues with
client to caregiver and supervisor immediately, completing incident
report forms as necessary.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the establishment and ongoing review, analysis,
and evaluation of treatment programs, plans of care, goals, and
discharge plans for assigned clients as related to occupational
therapy needs in consultation with Program Supervisor.
- Makes revision to plans and goals based on individual needs of
clients in consultation with Clinical Supervisor.
- Administers and interprets standardized assessments to evaluate
motor, self-care, and sensory processing delays.
- Responds to referrals for service in a timely manner.
- Assists in integrating occupational therapy targets or
activities into behavior therapy setting in consultation with
clinical team. This includes clients on direct caseload as well as
indirect clients as needed.
- Conducts 30-day and 90-day reviews for all clients. The 90-day
review must include an updated Plan of Care.
- Completes and submits required documentation within established
- Establishment and maintenance of current and accurate clinical
- Provides leadership and training on therapy strategies to
Behavior Therapists, Lead Therapists, Clinical Supervisor, and
Program Manager and trains as needed.
- Participates in ITP planning as applicable.
- Provides leadership supervision and/or executes all skilled
treatment programs (e.g., sensory diet) as prescribed by the Plan
- Schedules clients in coordination with clinical team.
- Provides client/family education related to support services as
- Meets with the clinical team as needed to discuss each client's
progress on motor, self-care, and sensory programming.
- Adheres to NBCOT Code of Ethics.
- Maintains Minnesota Department of Health Licensure and
certification through NBCOT.
- Completes necessary continuing education.
- Responds to emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
- Attend all necessary training's and/or meetings at central
- Appropriately utilize the time-reporting system for
- Consider ethical and cultural issues and maintain appropriate
boundaries when interacting with clients, client caregivers,
colleagues, and student interns.
- Restrict work to personal domain of expertise and use most
updated methods as recognized by the profession.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
PAY:Depends on Experience. Market Competitive
Keywords: Minnesota Autism Center, Eden Prairie , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!