Director of Hotel Operations
Company: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Do you have high standards? Do you strive to deliver a spectacular
guest experience? We are looking for an experienced professional to
lead our Hotel Operations team at a large, fast-paced hotel just
outside of Minneapolis. With 766 rooms and 116,000 square feet of
meeting space, we are one of the largest and most state-of-the-art
facilities in the state of Minnesota.
- Provides strategic planning and direction for hotel operations.
Partners with enterprise leaders to collaborate and determine
deliverables in areas such as Convention Services, Player
Development, Guest Experience, Marketing and more.
- Reviews and analyzes reports including: cost, strategic
revenue, financial, labor and operations to determine operating
requirements for enhanced revenues and minimized cost. Develops and
maintains labor and product costs within agreed-to budget limits.
Approves equipment, materials, and supplies purchases. Collaborates
with peers to ensure that revenue budgets are met.
- Develops and implements budget and strategic work plans,
including requests for capital projects. Recommends capital
expenditures for acquisition of equipment, intended to increase the
efficiency of operations.
- Leads team of direct reports with responsibility to interview,
select, hire develop and proactively engage with their entire team.
Responsible for development and performance of direct reports
including onboarding, training, coaching, corrective action,
recognition, and performance reviews.
- Continuously builds an outstanding team member experience
defined as an environment of engagement, trust, inclusion, open
communication, creative and diverse thinking, problem solving and
collaboration. Accountable for retention and champions development
and growth opportunities for team members.
- Knowledgeable of day-to-day operations within the Hotel and
able to lead a culture of continuous improvement, focused on both
process and team member efficiency. Utilizes appropriate
benchmarking and performance metrics to ensure optimum staffing
levels, productivity and a positive team member experience.
- Leads Guest Experience (GX) initiative for the hotel. May
directly respond to, or ensures effective and timely responses to,
external and internal guests. Makes recommendations based on
analysis and is responsible for driving efforts to improve GX,
thereby promoting greater guest retention, positive reputation, and
overall business growth.Leadership Competencies:
- A proven people leader with success building and leading high
performing teams. Act as a leader of change and innovation across
- Skilled in proactively assessing organizational performance and
aligning solutions with strategic and cultural initiatives.
- Demonstrated success of strong relationship management and team
building skills, with ability to influence leaders and team members
at all levels within the greater organization.
- Experience with change management and rolling out small and
large scale initiatives.
- Outstanding written, verbal, interpersonal, coaching and
presentation skills with the ability to tailor messaging to the
- Strong collaborator who influences effectively with a variety
of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.Outstanding
Benefits & Awesome Perks
We value everyone, knowing we can achieve more together. We promote
a grow-from-within culture to help support and develop our team
members. Enjoy competitive weekly pay, outstanding benefits and
advancement opportunities. Generous benefits include medical,
dental, life and disability insurance, onsite medical clinics and
pharmacy, 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, wellness programs
and more. Plus, take advantage of perks like discounts on
childcare, fuel, bus passes and fitness membership, free uniforms,
free uniform cleaning and tuition reimbursement.
Who We Are
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community contributes to causes,
organizations and tribes across the region, state and country. The
SMSC has donated more than $350 million to organizations and
causes, provided $500 million in economic development loans to
other tribes, and contributed millions more to support regional
governments and infrastructure. The SMSC's Native Green initiative
annually diverts hundreds of tons of waste from landfills, has
implemented compostable containers throughout our properties and
restored hundreds of acres of prairie land. Team members are
eligible to participate in SMSC Gives, a community outreach
initiative. Learn more at shakopeedakota.org.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hospitality or
Hotel Administration or related field.
- At least eight years of progressive full-service hotel
operational management experience.
- Experience within gaming and in a four diamond hotel or resort
- Progressive leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years of
leading and managing a team at the senior level.
- Experience in high volume, full service operations with a large
number of employees.
- Knowledge of hotel-specific software.
- Superior learning agility, problem analysis and problem solving
skills. Shows openness, and desire to tackle new challenges and
situations. Proactive in thinking and participates as a leader in
continuous improvement initiatives across the enterprise.
Keywords: Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Gaming Enterp, Eden Prairie , Director of Hotel Operations, Executive , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!