Veterinary Group Medical Director
Company: BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: April 8, 2021
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital--is searching for
an experienced, motivating, and driven Veterinary Group Medical
Director to join our team! Description This position will be
overseeing hospitals located in our--Central region - Minnesota,
Michigan, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and
Texas. The Veterinary Group Medical Director will provide
leadership, direction, mentorship, and management to hospital
Medical Directors and other medical leaders in an assigned region
to positively drive culture, maximize growth of individual and
hospital services, achieve excellence in patient care, client
service, and primary referring veterinary relationships. He/she
will partner with our regional field leadership team to ensure all
hospitals deliver upon performance objectives, make decisions using
the Five Principles of MARS, and develop our Medical Directors to
build and maintain an effective and productive hospital team.-- As
a Group Medical Director:
- You uphold all BluePearl standards. Continuously building
BluePearl brand in connection with all medical and non-medical
- You partner with People & Organization to develop an individual
development plan and regular feedback model for each Medical
Director at least once a year, as part of the talent--development
- You develop Medical Directors and partner with regional field
leaders in the central region to develop collegial hospital teams
that provide consistent, high quality care and service to our pets
- You maximize efficiency, productivity, and profitability for
our hospitals while best serving the referral community.
- You ensure that Medical Directors have the skills to develop,
engage, coach, and mentor Clinicians and technical teams.
- You assist the talent acquisition team with site visits,
onboarding, ongoing mentorship, and retention of Clinicians.
- You ensure pDVM referring relationships are constantly
monitored and fostered in order to be strong and growing.
- You partner with regional operations leadership team to
understand the profitability and finances of our hospitals in order
to maximize growth and improvement.
- You identify medical leaders within hospitals to develop skills
and identify career paths within BluePearl.
- You effectively communicate and cascade key messages between
the practices and regional teams by conducting weekly conference
calls and market meetings to execute new or update programs and
- You oversee Medical Directors in your assigned region by
leading regularly scheduled meetings, spearheading communications
to keep clinical teams engaged on all BluePearl programs and
initiatives. You will have oversight of programs such as House
Officer, EmERge, BluePearl Science, and adverse event
- You will travel 50-75% to ensure onsite, in-person leadership
at our hospitals.
- You ensure compliance with all practice protocols, policies and
procedures. Ensure the safety of our pets, clients, and associates.
- DVM/VMD with 10+ years' of clinical experience.
- Superior people and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to get things done in a timely and efficient
- Ability to develop strong and supportive working relationships
with a wide variety of people and backgrounds.
- General understanding of business financials, P&L, pricing,
contract negotiations, revenues, and payroll. Why BluePearl?
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and
discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled
by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and
experience. We are focused on developing our associates into
leaders through talent development programs and leadership
workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates
have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative
quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of
continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education
allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl
University for training, and our clinicians have access to over
2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by
providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Annual company store allowance.
- Company paid short term and long term disability benefits.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off
and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance,
advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all
in this together. We believe in working together to lead the
industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to developing a diverse work environment in
which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are
an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional
preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need
assistance or an accommodation during the application process
because of a disability, it is available upon request. The Company
is proud to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be
penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Eden Prairie , Veterinary Group Medical Director, Executive , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!