Engineer IV, Compliance
Company: HID Global Corporation
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: September 15, 2023
An Amazing Career Opportunity for a Global Product Certification
Location: Eden Prairie, MN, Austin, TX, and Cardiff (Hybrid)
Job ID: 22992
Do you enjoy Biometrics and have an interest in testing new tech in
an ever-growing industry?
Then read on...
Who are we?
HID powers the trusted identities of the world's people, places,
and things, allowing people to transact safely, work productively
and travel freely. We are a high-tech software company
headquartered in Austin, TX, with over 4,000 worldwide employees.
Check us out here: www.hidglobal.com and
This position within HID reports into the Global Hardware Platforms
team and is necessary to meet the sales growth of HID products
worldwide and the increasing demands of global certifications. We
seek a skilled and experienced Global Product Certification
Engineer with in-depth understanding of obtaining global
certifications (LVD, EMC, RED, RoHS, REACH) for new and existing
IoT type products (RFID readers, access controllers, asset tracking
As our Global Product Certification Engineer, you'll support HID's
* Acting as liaison with Engineering teams to advise on appropriate
tests and regulatory standards needed to achieve the required
product certifications for the target market. This involves the
specification of special operating modes needed for these tests
* Organizing, staging and performing the required tests either
in-house or at an external test facility as appropriate
* Generating internal test reports and work with Engineering teams
to overcome potential problems discovered.
* Obtaining and reviewing external test reports and advise the
Engineering teams accordingly.
* Compiling technical files, test reports and other documentation
for certification submissions
* Maintaining a current knowledge of any changes to relevant
regulatory standards and advise Engineering teams
* Additionally supporting the development of new regulations by
joining and contributing to industry standard organizations (e.g.:
What we will love about your background:
* The ideal candidate will have an interest in applied
electromagnetics and electromagnetic compatibility and a keen
interest in regulatory and compliance issues from a test, design,
and global certification point of view
* Self-starter, even in a training environment
* The ability to effectively work and communicate in a globally
distributed, multidisciplinary team including engineers, product
marketing, sales, as well as customers.
* Previous experience within the Radio Equipment and Low Voltage
* Experience with agile development principles. (e.g., SAFe)
* Knowledge of the following regulatory standards: FCC Parts 2
&15, UL 294, ETSI Radio Standards, EN 62368, RoHS, and
* Certification experience with the following countries; Korea,
China, Mexico, Japan, Brazil, Indonesia, and India
Your Experience and Education include:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Ideal candidate will have 3 years' experience in regulatory &
* Preference given to candidates with 5 years of progressive
* Experience with lab test equipment such as spectrum analyzers,
signal generators, RF amplifiers, etc.
* Experience with engineering tools such as LabView, Matlab or
Python is an advantage
* Empowerment: You'll work as part of a global team in a flexible
work environment, learning and enhancing your expertise.
* Innovation: You embrace challenges and want to drive ambitious
* Integrity: You are results-orientated, reliable, and
straightforward and value being treated accordingly.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -
We make it easier for people to get where they want to go!
On an average day, think of how many times you tap, twist, tag,
push or swipe to get access, find information, connect with others
or track something. HID technology is behind billions of
interactions, in more than 100 countries. We help you create a
verified, trusted identity that can get you where you need to go -
without having to think about it.
When you join our HID team, you'll also be part of the ASSA ABLOY
Group, the global leader in access solutions. You'll have 52,000
colleagues in more than 70 different countries. We empower our
people to build their career around their aspirations and our
ambitions - supporting them with regular feedback, training, and
development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where
they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their
role locally, regionally, or even internationally. As we welcome
new people on board, it's important to us to have diverse,
inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and
Keywords: HID Global Corporation, Eden Prairie , Engineer IV, Compliance, Engineering , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!