Senior Advanced Engineering Specialist
Company: Winnebago Industries
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: March 15, 2023
The Technology and Advanced Engineering team in Winnebago
Motorhomes (WMH) business has the goal of identifying, developing,
and justifying commercialization of significant growth
opportunities for WHM businesses in the area of electrical power
systems, connected and digital solutions, and advanced and smart
materials for both fossil-fuel driven and electric driven
recreational vehicles.The Senior Advanced Engineering Specialist is
expected to lead technology strategy and execution. This includes
developing/evaluating technologies and establishing key
partnerships both internally and externally to drive technological
advancement in WMH next-generation products. He/She will be
responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost, and technical
targets for all engineering development efforts under his/her
control.The Senior Advanced Engineering Specialist should serve as
a subject matter expert within the area of house and vehicle
electrical systems, energy management, and model-based development.
This includes developing and maintaining relationships with the
external technical community and academia, active participation in
industry or technical groups and events. Key Areas of
- Performs electrical vehicle platform analysis and selection for
next-gen Winnebago motorhomes.
- Develops and own vehicle platform and critical electrical
- Develops scalable solutions for future fossil-free RV house
energy management systems and solutions.
- Identifies and forge business partnerships, collaborates with
- Develops and leads technology/innovation projects.
- Integrates centralized control solution to vehicle electrical
- Conceptualize and implement smart energy ecosystem between
vehicle electric powertrain, converters, inverters, chargers, house
energy management system, energy storage and renewable energy.
- Manage and oversight contractors/suppliers.
- Collaborate with enterprise-level Advanced Technology Group
(ATG) to develop new technologies and solutions.
- Identifies leading external partnerships, outside technologies
and best practices to bring to Winnebago.
- Leads open innovation events with universities and external
institutes that align with advanced engineering team strategy.
- Serves as a subject matter expert externally and internally.
This includes leadership/active participation in external industry
and technical groups, mentoring junior level staff and consulting
internal business and partners.
- Actively contributes and guides team members on intellectual
- This position is in either Forest City, IA, or Eden Prairie,
MN. If Eden Prairie location is chosen, it will be required
traveling to the Winnebago Forest City location around 40%.
- System engineering - requirements and specifications of the
electrical components and energy management system.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle system architecture - house and
- Strong knowledge of electric vehicle drivetrain systems, EV
charging EVSEs and infrastructure.
- Design and optimization of electrical power systems, including
system level modeling to conduct trade studies and down-select
architecture of electrical power systems, high voltage power
systems, energy management or charging management.
- Dynamic systems modeling and analysis, performing technology
research and development from concept to implementation.
- Proficient in energy/power management for electrical power
system using model-based development tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with real time simulators such as DSPACE, OPAL-RT
- Proficient in embedded controls and software engineering.
- Knowledge of communication and network protocols such as CAN
bus/wireless communication. Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Control System
Engineering or other related engineering fields from an accredited
institution required. Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience.
- Experience in vehicle electrification is preferred.
- Program/project management experience.
- Solid intellectual property generation record.
- Broad experience in the following areas in some of the
following areas (energy management, battery/solar technologies,
electric vehicle power systems, high voltage DC power system, EV
charging, active safety controls, ADAS).
- Knowledge of Vehicle to Grid/ Vehicle to Infrastructure and
related communication protocols such as J1772, ISO15118 is a
Keywords: Winnebago Industries, Eden Prairie , Senior Advanced Engineering Specialist, Engineering , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...