Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Phillips & Temro Industries
Location: Eden Prairie
Posted on: January 21, 2023
DescriptionProvides manufacturing engineering support for new
product introduction, continuous improvement, waste reduction,
problem solving, and cost reduction activities in support of
company goals and objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Scopes, designs, documents, deploys and qualifies new equipment
/ fixturing to support new products
- Champions projects to optimize / improve throughput, yield and
ergonomics with an emphasis on reducing operating expenses through
automation, error proofing, and waste reduction in a fast moving
regulated (ISO 9001 / 16949) manufacturing environment.
- Provides direction to engineers and technicians assisting in
the construction, commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and
documentation of equipment.
- Develops plant area expertise and provide skilled
troubleshooting by participating in cross-functional teams.
Provides leadership in new product launches and continuous
- Identifies, justifies, and submits capital project
documentation for approval, and coordinates the purchasing,
installation, and testing of equipment and machinery prior to
release to production.
- Participates in problem solving and development teams, working
as a liaison between the factory floor and Development Engineering.
Participates in APQP teams representing the plant.
- Provides leadership in safe plant operations. Participates on
safety or ergonomics committee to provide input and solutions in
- Generates, maintains, and monitors process operating
parameters, capacity and utilization data, routing and bills of
material information, as well as TS16949 manufacturing and
- Possess plant maintenance and operation knowledge along with
technical skills to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team
member to accomplish objectives
- Must be proficient using 3D CAD Software (e.g. AutoCAD / Solid
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and changing
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term
programs/projects, as well as address shot-term operational
- Knowledge of APQP (or equivalent) quality systems - PPAP,
DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D, RCA, CAPA, Control plans etc.
- Automotive Industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus
EducationBachelors of Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Experience5 - 7 years: Manufacturing engineer experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Phillips & Temro Industries, Eden Prairie , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!